Snow Performance= Bent Rod - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Propane/Nitrous/Meth Discuss all your propane/nitrous/meth stuff here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcle6103 View Post
Ok I think some of you are missing the idea here......from what I got in the video, the water/meth kit somehow allowed the engine to fill with water over the weekend while it sat thus causing the bent rod upon starting it on Monday. It's not like he was romping on it at the track and it blew, it seems to be an actual product malfunction. NOW with that being said, I'm sure the kit probably isn't warrantied longer than a year or so....so unfortunately I still think the OP is sh!t out of luck.

Exactly on the flooding of the engine. I can't even get a call or email returned from Snow. It's like maybe if we ignore this guy the problem will just go away. You would think they would be wanting to know how the kit failed ASAP to prevent it from happening to others.

The anti siphon solenoid should be designed in such a way that failure doesn't allow the solenoid to open. The other option is two solenoids like you have with public water supplies that use a double check valve. Your protecting a $9,000 engine so the system fail safe measures need to be very cast iron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 11:08 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buda6.7 View Post
I just wanted to warn you Dmax guys that my Snow Millage Max malfunctioned and bent a rod in my engine. It's about a $5000 repair and I can't even get anyone at Snow to give me the time of day. Check out my bent rod on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA37R_41Q0g&feature=youtu.be

If you have any Snow stuff on your truck with an anti siphon solenoid don't trust it.

Read this on DD this morning, one of laws of physics clearly at work, water does not compress. Added a bit more information than you did on DD

~ Mike H.~

2006 2500HD EXTENDED CAB LONGBED

Last edited by C20ELEPHANT; 05-01-2015 at 11:13 AM.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Jake Snow has finally reached out to me from Snow in an email. Matt Snow is supposed to deal with t issue. I will keep you guys updated. Hopefully they feel this is a crazy anomaly and take a close look at my situation. Any news is good news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 12:13 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Buda6.7.. did you read this and make Snow Performance aware of your postings ..?

Terms

Warranty Disclaimer
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Snow Performance disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Snow Performance does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Snow Performance does not make any warrantees or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.

Limitation of Liability
Snow Performance shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products, even if Snow Performance has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

~ Mike H.~

Last edited by C20ELEPHANT; 05-01-2015 at 12:15 PM.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

I'm aware there is always lots of fine print. It takes a many years of good PR to make up for just a little bad. Really good companies who feel they have a great product will often stand behind their product if some anomaly causes an end user a major issue that should not ever be expected to happen under normal use.

The great folks at AFE just sent me a new air box and lid because an insert in the housing broke free and the lid could no longer be removed. I was past any warranty but they still hooked me up. I told them about my engine fiasco which might of helped.

Most companies probably would have not done what AFE did. I will make sure to tell lots of people how great they were and I'm sure they will sell a few units more and get a good return on their investment. If I had to buy the lid and box I would not have held it against them. I was lucky and they took great care of me with just a tad of arm twisting.

I use the ProDry filter for on road mostly use and love not having to use oil.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 03:59 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buda6.7 View Post
I'm aware there is always lots of fine print. It takes a many years of good PR to make up for just a little bad. Really good companies who feel they have a great product will often stand behind their product if some anomaly causes an end user a major issue that should not ever be expected to happen under normal use.

The great folks at AFE just sent me a new air box and lid because an insert in the housing broke free and the lid could no longer be removed. I was past any warranty but they still hooked me up. I told them about my engine fiasco which might of helped.

Most companies probably would have not done what AFE did. I will make sure to tell lots of people how great they were and I'm sure they will sell a few units more and get a good return on their investment. If I had to buy the lid and box I would not have held it against them. I was lucky and they took great care of me with just a tad of arm twisting.

I use the ProDry filter for on road mostly use and love not having to use oil.

The comparison reads all warm and fuzzy about AFE, but, you're comparing a $300.00 CAI to a potentially $5-10,000.00 engine overhaul no comparison whatsoever. You also made a reference as to what part on this site but did not on Duramax Diesels. Only you know how many other sites you posted bits and pieces of your story and to what extent and that makes me want to reach out and choke someone who so desperately needs it....

~ Mike H.~

Last edited by C20ELEPHANT; 05-01-2015 at 04:02 PM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C20ELEPHANT View Post
The comparison reads all warm and fuzzy about AFE, but, you're comparing a $300.00 CAI to a potentially $5-10,000.00 engine overhaul no comparison whatsoever. You also made a reference as to what part on this site but did not on Duramax Diesels. Only you know how many other sites you posted bits and pieces of your story and to what extent and that makes me want to reach out and choke someone who so desperately needs it....
My goal was to let as many people know as possible what happened and to me and aware it could happen to them. I talked to the Ford guys as well. Not sure why you think this is a problem.

I'm done posting anything new with my issue until I talk to Matt Snow.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 06:30 PM

Good luck dude.

2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Efilive by Idaho Rob w dsp5 switch, built trans with gmax 6 and 1056 TC, 150 lift pump, 4in dual exh, s&b intake,tie rod sleeves,DHD centerlink brace, 3in drop shackles, caltracs, pcv reroute,resonator pluged, egr blocker plate,autometer gauges,20x9 0 offset gear 726 wheels and 305/50/20 Toyo proxes st.
RIP 2008 Chevy 2500 HD 8.22 @ 82 1.71 60ft
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxed 08 View Post
Good luck dude.
Thanks. On another note hopefully GM will get off the sidelines in the HP/TQ war with Ram & Ford. I don't want to wait too long for a 1000 TQ truck from the factory.

My last truck made 983 TQ at the rear wheels on the last dyno run and was probably closer to 1100 - 1200 when I sold it. I tow 30K sometimes and it's nice having lots of TQ.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 09:04 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

When the OP says he's using WWF and says it's distilled water and meth mixed, he needs to have it tested. One guy (sticky) here tested the metal elvels in his oil using tap water, distilled water, distilled water/meth mix and with premixed WWF. The metal and other impurities rose high when using the WWF. My point is odds are using the WWF possibly caused build-up in a solenoid allowing the engine to flood and bend the rod. If I were Snow Performance, I would send a rep to the repair shop and examine the whole setup before it's fixed. That's a defamation suit from them if using something other than what they recommend and then making a video blaming Snow. Sorry it happened, but to say a 2yr old part malfunctioned and dissing the company for it does not equal Snow being responsible. Also, there is NO WAY a system like this would EVER have power when my key is turned off. That pump should have ZERO possibility of pumping water into a not running engine.

This is one reason I have not installed even a water system on mine. I have no desire for something to fail, that I added, and cost me a rebuild. I cannot afford that. The water/meth systems are appealing but when something as cheap as a solenoid failure can cost me an engine, I will not do it.

2006 GMC 2500 4x4, CCSB
Vin Code 2, LBZ, 6 Spd Allison
KYB Monomax shocks
AutoMeter EGT, Boost and
Air Pressure gauges
Puma OnBoard Air

Last edited by handirifle; 01-07-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode