Snow Performance= Bent Rod - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Propane/Nitrous/Meth Discuss all your propane/nitrous/meth stuff here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

I ram distilled water in my prior truck for years and never had a problem. I would never use tap water because it often has material from the pipes or in my case it's hard water with suspended limestone finite particles.

I too would think Snow at the least would have wanted me to mail them some of the parts 911 to figure out what went wrong so they could protect their other customers from the same issue. But not only did they not want any parts back they said they were going to talk to me (their paying customer) but never did despite me following up repeatedly.

Even though a product is out of warranty you think they would talk to you about the issue and help you resolve the product failure and get it working again. Not the case.

Once you are of warranty apparently they wash their hands of you and any tech support or help ceases to exist. Especially if the issue casts any sort of negative shadow their way.

To educate you Handirifle on workings a bit the system has a bed mounted tank that will causes gravity flow if the Snow backflow solenoid fails. This is why when you have a bed mounted tank that is higher then the engine you must install a backflow solenoid.

Also, slander is when you say things that can't be backed up with facts. My engine cylinder #6 and my intercooler had distilled water in them that was pumped/gravity fed there by the Snow product failure.

With backflow devices used for irrigation (RPZ, Double check, ect), commercial ice makers, and lots of other applications they have two mechanisms to prevent to insure in the event of a failure the public water supply can't become contaminated by backflow.

You would think there would be an extreme level of protection to insure your 10K engine doesn't get ruined but that is not the case. There more people out there who have had failures then you realize.

I'm pretty sure Snow didn't need anything back because the failure of my Millage Max was not the first. They already knew they had a problem and were in full damage control mode when I called. The uses delay tactics to try to make me fade away but guess what I'm still here. Every now and then I go online to any Snow posting on forums or YouTube and let people know how great my product and customer support was.

Water injection or water/meth is a great product but they need to do more R&D on the fail safe side. Engineering a valve with two layers of protection would not be hard to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 04:10 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

It's not slander, it's opinion. Sorry it happened to you.

2006 GMC 2500 4x4, CCSB
Vin Code 2, LBZ, 6 Spd Allison
KYB Monomax shocks
AutoMeter EGT, Boost and
Air Pressure gauges
Puma OnBoard Air
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by handirifle View Post
It's not slander, it's opinion. Sorry it happened to you.
Thanks, my goal to to let everyone see that a company run by Jake and Matt Snow that look like a couple of stand up guys just might not be the case. Damage control instead of great customer support is their main goal in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 03:06 PM

that sucks man, years back my buddy had his meth kit fail in his supercharged motor and it did the same thing, except his kit got stuck on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode