Snow Performance= Bent Rod - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Propane/Nitrous/Meth Discuss all your propane/nitrous/meth stuff here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Snow Performance= Bent Rod

I just wanted to warn you Dmax guys that my Snow Millage Max malfunctioned and bent a rod in my engine. It's about a $5000 repair and I can't even get anyone at Snow to give me the time of day. Check out my bent rod on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA37...ature=youtu.be

If you have any Snow stuff on your truck with an anti siphon solenoid don't trust it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 08:51 PM

Garage
How much power (est) were you running at the time?

Kev'sDmax Build thread:
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/bu...build.html2006 -2006 Sierra 2500HD LBZ CCSB
NBS conversion/custom front bumper/HID & LED everything/40" light bar/EFI/CTS/Back-up cam/Downpipe & 5"exhaust/Built Trans/FASS 150/FFR tie rods/Dual 2-5/8 external reservoir coilovers/SS break lines/18x9 XD Menace Wheels/325/65/18Duratrac's/Truxedo/192L sliptank.
Garage floor:Built steering stuff, long travel air bags, rear blocks, trans brace/wheel bearings/fumoto drain valve. HIT F***ING MOOSE! .... now sitting in garage waiting.... to turn into "PROJECT SQUAREMAX"
-2007.5 Silverado3500 LMM ECLB LTZ some mods...
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 08:56 PM

i would have to see the entire story, and exactly what happened before i jumped to conclusions.

great friends and Jags pro truck shop
used to have, lb7, lly, lbz, lmm, lml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

I was just running a Smarty in the 120HP setting. The Millage Max really doesn't have a wide range of settings. You set it up according to the installation directions and let it run. The boost level is the main thing that regulates the amount being sprayed. I only run either distilled water or your standard 30 below windshield washer fluid which is 24% meth 76% distilled water.

I've been meaning to get a 55 gallon barrel of meth to mix my own at 50/50 but never got around to it. I can get a barrel for about $165 from a drag strip in Little River Texas.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 10:07 PM

Garage
I'm not super into the dodge world.
So what do most guys say is the power range where your motor starts bending rods?
Because meth/water injection is capable of giving you over 100hp gain. Now when you figure that, and running 120hp tune thats going to put some strain on your internals!
How heavy was your foot prior to bending the rod?
And have you made a practice of turning off the system a few minutes prior to shutting down the engine, or do you turn the key off and walk away?

Not saying you are to blame or anything.
Im just gathering the facts.

Kev'sDmax Build thread:
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/bu...build.html2006 -2006 Sierra 2500HD LBZ CCSB
NBS conversion/custom front bumper/HID & LED everything/40" light bar/EFI/CTS/Back-up cam/Downpipe & 5"exhaust/Built Trans/FASS 150/FFR tie rods/Dual 2-5/8 external reservoir coilovers/SS break lines/18x9 XD Menace Wheels/325/65/18Duratrac's/Truxedo/192L sliptank.
Garage floor:Built steering stuff, long travel air bags, rear blocks, trans brace/wheel bearings/fumoto drain valve. HIT F***ING MOOSE! .... now sitting in garage waiting.... to turn into "PROJECT SQUAREMAX"
-2007.5 Silverado3500 LMM ECLB LTZ some mods...
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev'sDmax View Post
I'm not super into the dodge world.
So what do most guys say is the power range where your motor starts bending rods?
Because meth/water injection is capable of giving you over 100hp gain. Now when you figure that, and running 120hp tune thats going to put some strain on your internals!
How heavy was your foot prior to bending the rod?
And have you made a practice of turning off the system a few minutes prior to shutting down the engine, or do you turn the key off and walk away?

Not saying you are to blame or anything.
Im just gathering the facts.
Cummins bottom ends are very stout, many have made over 1000HP on stock bottom ends. I know one personally.

New rig 06 LT rglb 4x4 Midnight Blue.
dans diesel tuned, MA700 trans, HSP Silver Vein Y-bridge and egr delete, Fass150, transfer case brace, ladder bars.
**SOLD**
Truck 07 classic ccsb LT 4x4 170k carbon fibre wrap
Performance:PPEI tuned, FASS, Y-bridge, Stock trans Dyno 9/26/13 539hp 937th, 1/4 13.4
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 03:41 AM

Have to pay to play bud. Shit happens, keep it stock if you want the best reliability.

Also want to know more background information on everything instead of a video just blaming snow performance. Are you expecting them to cover your motor? Because I doubt that is going to happen. Same thing if a piston let's go in your motor, blame the piston all you want but the manufacturer isn't going to cover your motor unless your under factory warranty etc.

06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Debadged and Clean
Danville Stg2R billet turbo/ exergy 30% sticks/ EFI Live/ DSP5 / CTS Monitor/ FASS 150/ PPE shim kit/ TransGo JR/ DHD PCV re-route/ S&B intake/ SDP steel 3" Y-bridge & EGR delete/ Magnaflow Stainless Turbo Back/ DHD stainless DP/ LB7 Up-Pipe/ Moto Metal 962 20x12 with Toyo M/T
Big thanks to:
http://dirtyhookerdiesel.com/ http://atptrucks.com/

Last edited by lsxzr2; 05-01-2015 at 03:44 AM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 04:28 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Also being that you had it for 2+ years any type of product warranty, etc. would most likely not apply. Sucks that it happened though for sure I would be upset also.

2007.5 Greystone Metallic LMM CCSB SLT 4x4
|6000k 35W HID's from DDM Tuning|Headlight All-On Mod|Debadged|295/55/20 Trail Grapplers & XD Addicts -12 Offset|EFI by Kory|5" Diamond Eye Exhaust|WeatherTech Floor Mats|Recon Cab Lights (Junk)|ISS Pro Gauges|

2004 White LB7 CCSB-Sold 4/5/13

Instagram: tnash481
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 05:26 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Ok I think some of you are missing the idea here......from what I got in the video, the water/meth kit somehow allowed the engine to fill with water over the weekend while it sat thus causing the bent rod upon starting it on Monday. It's not like he was romping on it at the track and it blew, it seems to be an actual product malfunction. NOW with that being said, I'm sure the kit probably isn't warrantied longer than a year or so....so unfortunately I still think the OP is sh!t out of luck.

Last edited by mcle6103; 05-01-2015 at 05:28 AM.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 07:43 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Sounds like a hydro locked motor, could have been a leak in the nozzle that let enough into the intake to do that.

2008 2500HD LTZ, EFI Live- Idaho Rob's Tunes, 4" Magnaflow Turbo Back, Raptor 150 Lift Pump, Transgo Jr, All Season Diesel EGR delete with high flow Y-bridge, Edge Insight for gauges,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode