Advice Requested - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Propane/Nitrous/Meth Discuss all your propane/nitrous/meth stuff here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Advice Requested

OK, picked up a used Devils Own universal system for $100. Guy had the 3GPH nozzle and the 6-30PSI pressure switch with it. Looking to bump the nozzle up to a 7 or 10.

Not looking for power as much as maybe a slight boost in mileage and help in keeping the temps down when towing.

Will run the switch at 6psi.

Am I on the right track?

Has anyone run anything besides water and water/meth mixtures?

Chuck

Current: '07 Classic Silverado LTZ CC/LB DRW D/A 4x4, LBZ - The 'Rancher', Airdog, PPE Air Box Mod

Sold: '03 Sierra SLT CC/LB D/A 4x4, LB7 - The 'White Knight'

GM DRW club member #221
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Anyone? Would still like to know if I'm on the right track.

Chuck

Current: '07 Classic Silverado LTZ CC/LB DRW D/A 4x4, LBZ - The 'Rancher', Airdog, PPE Air Box Mod

GM DRW club member #221
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 02:50 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I don't know really anything about this but hopefully someone will I'll give you bump

2003 ford explorer v6

Wifes ride/2009 6.4 F350 SRW CCLB 4x4 135k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 03:38 PM

What size fluid tank do you have with your water-meth setup? I have a cooling mist setup with a 5-6 gpm nozzle and it will empty the tank (only 1.5 gallon) in 15-20 min. I've never used anything in mine except water-meth, usually 80-20 mix.

08 2500 ccsb, 6 inch fabtech lift, efilive by danville, profab down pipe, Danville 3794stg2, RDL egr delete and towflo ups, nicktane filter mod, banks boost tube, Calvins trans, Kennedy pump.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselrunner View Post
What size fluid tank do you have with your water-meth setup? I have a cooling mist setup with a 5-6 gpm nozzle and it will empty the tank (only 1.5 gallon) in 15-20 min. I've never used anything in mine except water-meth, usually 80-20 mix.
Currently I have a little 2-1/2 quart tank to test with. Plan is to mount a 7 gallon or larger. Will be finishing the install today.

After reading more of TheStepChild's threads, I'm going to run the nozzle I have and go from there. Guess I'll see how fast I go thru water.

Starting to think I'll also pick up the lower boost switch first, set it at 2psi, and try that.

I've also mounted a switch inside to turn the system on and off. Won't turn it on until temps get close to average and shut it down a few minutes before the destination.

Chuck

GM DRW club member #221
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 11:39 AM

I had a toggle switch in my cab to turn it on/off as well. I only used mine when pulling a grade with our camper. Saw about a 75 degree drop in egt's.

08 2500 ccsb, 6 inch fabtech lift, efilive by danville, profab down pipe, Danville 3794stg2, RDL egr delete and towflo ups, nicktane filter mod, banks boost tube, Calvins trans, Kennedy pump.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 06:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to dust
isopropyl will also work. But don't expect the same things for meth/eth and isopropyl.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Thinking outside the box here a little. Anyone ever tried mixing something like simple green with the water to help clean up the intake?

Chuck

GM DRW club member #221
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 02:01 PM

Garage
You don't need any chemicals to clean it. I saw pictures somewhere, they may have been from StepChild I don't remember, but someone showed how it cleaned up the whole intake manifold that was covered in soot before. Just water/meth should do the trick.

2004.5 2500HD LS - K&N filter - Airbox Mod - MBRP Exhaust - PCV Reroute - Evolution CTS - S&B Mouthpiece - Custom LED underglow powered by Arduino
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I think there are alot of ways to get it to spray, boost psi, EGT, toggle switch seems the most simple,

If i were going to do it, might get at least around a 10gallon tank, and toggle switch a small nozzle to run constant, then maybe have another big nozzle to trigger if EGT gets high

2006 LBZ 2500 CCSB 2WD
EFI LIVE, DSP5, Edge CTS & EGT probe, PPE airbox mod, AFE hotside pipe, PPE manifolds/uppipes, MBRP DP, MBRP 4" side dumped, Sinister coldside pipe, pcv reroute, Beans sump, Kennedy lift pump, dual filters, coolant bypass filtration, Nuc Motorsports Oil Bypass kit, LML 20s & 265/60R20s, tint, LEDS, some chrome
ALABAMA LBZ Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode