May 2019 ROTM - Trucks in the cemetery - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
ROTM Forum! Check out and Vote the Dmaxstore.com Rig of the Month (ROTM)!!!

31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

That sucks for those of us that don't have FB.
Whitesnake likes this.

2005 Toyota Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0L TRD Off-Road
2008 Yamaha Zuma YW 50

2015 GMC 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison Black on Black
2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M Toy Hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:26 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black HD View Post
Exactly, or don't WANT FB in their lives.

Not to mention that ROTM is/was a DF creation with a (or multiple) Vendor sponsoring....that is now being considered 'owned' and you're taking it elsewhere?
JimmyD, Whitesnake, M.A.M. and 2 others like this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:01 AM

Garage
That sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9/26/17 80k miles with no issues...

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--

Engine rebuilt @ 170,000 miles due to hole in cylinder #7
First start on 5/13/16

8/29/17 REBUILD 2.0 @ 295k miles

255k miles on 4/1/17, and goin' strong...

S&B Intake, 3" MBRP downpipe, Flo-Pro 5" downpipe back exhaust/no muffler, PPEI tuned no longer, MOONSHINE tuned by Tony @ RidgeRunner, Airdog lift pump...

Monitoring via CTS2

Engine
Fingers Oval Bowl pistons @ 17.5:1 .040 over
Carrillo rods
chromoly pushrods
SoCal Girdle
ATI Super-Damper
ARP main and head studs
Keyed crank and cam
SDP CP3 coversion w/ Sportsman pump

Suspension
305/55/20 MT Baja ATZ P3s on stock 20's...
Kryptonite tie rods/centerlink

BUILD THREAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:59 AM

Don't want it and will not have FB. Good luck with the move.
Noble_dmax likes this.

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black HD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
Exactly, or don't WANT FB in their lives.

Not to mention that ROTM is/was a DF creation with a (or multiple) Vendor sponsoring....that is now being considered 'owned' and you're taking it elsewhere?
I wasn't aware of that, and it wasn't intended to be a dump on DF, if that's how it read. I just enjoy seeing truck pics of the different themes each month, voting on my favorite, and seeing who wins at the wire. One of the reasons I enjoy the forum.

2005 Toyota Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0L TRD Off-Road
2008 Yamaha Zuma YW 50

2015 GMC 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison Black on Black
2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M Toy Hauler

Last edited by Black HD; 06-07-2019 at 02:15 AM.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:10 AM

Garage
Itís really not that big of a deal if Dmaxstore wants to move to Facebook. Sure, itís sad to see the forums dying, and supporting vendors move elsewhere. All that we would need to do though is find somebody that is willing to take over responsibility of taking care of ROTM each month, and try to get another supporting vendor to do the same thing Dmax store had been doing.

First start on 5/13/16

S&B Intake, 3" MBRP downpipe, Flo-Pro 5" downpipe back exhaust/no muffler, PPEI tuned no longer, MOONSHINE tuned by Tony @ RidgeRunner, Airdog lift pump...

Monitoring via CTS2

Engine
Carrillo rods
chromoly pushrods
SoCal Girdle
ATI Super-Damper
ARP main and head studs
Keyed crank and cam

Suspension

BUILD THREAD
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:08 AM

Really sucks as no FB here either, seems like everything and everyone is tied up with facebook what happens when the government shuts it down.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:35 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.M. View Post
Itís really not that big of a deal if Dmaxstore wants to move to Facebook. Sure, itís sad to see the forums dying, and supporting vendors move elsewhere. All that we would need to do though is find somebody that is willing to take over responsibility of taking care of ROTM each month, and try to get another supporting vendor to do the same thing Dmax store had been doing.
It's a daunting task, for sure. When Jason (TowMaster) was around, he worked tirelessly to keep it going; the timeline, keeping up, working with Vendors, trying to have fresh topics....the personal time to sort thru entries and post polls.

And also on the Vendor's end too, with keeping up with the prizes and gifting.
(there was a fallout once, when winners started to question tardy prizes, anger ensued and the sponsor left in a huff).

Sure, it sounds exciting in taking on the task, week in and week out....but personal lives have their ups/downs and it doesn't take much to suddenly be days or weeks behind...still voting on a poll while you're halfway thru the next month.

And trying to catch up with a calendar that's always chasing and looking to win out...gets old.
I wish I had more answers (perhaps the topic was just too morbid for some folks?)....but we've been at this point in the discussion in the past. Had the initiative to take on the full task on their own not happened, it would've been dead long ago.
JimmyD, mray and M.A.M. like this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:12 AM

Garage
May 2019 ROTM - Trucks in the cemetery

Exactly. Nobody realizes how much time and effort goes into keeping up with this.

That being said, itís understandable that Dmax store wants to move to Facebook, because thatís where all the action is, and they are in it to drive traffic to their website/store. Thereís way more interaction there, but for me itís never been worth my time weeding through all the junk/crap/personal opinions/patting your own back/fighting about stupid stuff/I could go on and on, just to find the good stuff. Itís more of a place to hang out and BS ( think Russí build thread, only much bigger ), with actual good information mixed in here and there. But trying to search and find that information is next to impossible, if you lose it in your feed. It disappears downstream in the unknown abyss. To me, the forums are much more informative, and you can actually get help from somebody that knows what theyíre talking about on a more personal level.

OK, rant over.

mray and dmaxuser like this.

First start on 5/13/16

Monitoring via CTS2

Engine
Carrillo rods
chromoly pushrods
SoCal Girdle
ATI Super-Damper
ARP main and head studs
Keyed crank and cam

Suspension

BUILD THREAD

Last edited by M.A.M.; 06-07-2019 at 07:18 AM.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:21 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
It's a daunting task, for sure. When Jason (TowMaster) was around, he worked tirelessly to keep it going; the timeline, keeping up, working with Vendors, trying to have fresh topics....the personal time to sort thru entries and post polls.

And also on the Vendor's end too, with keeping up with the prizes and gifting.
(there was a fallout once, when winners started to question tardy prizes, anger ensued and the sponsor left in a huff).

Sure, it sounds exciting in taking on the task, week in and week out....but personal lives have their ups/downs and it doesn't take much to suddenly be days or weeks behind...still voting on a poll while you're halfway thru the next month.

And trying to catch up with a calendar that's always chasing and looking to win out...gets old.
I wish I had more answers (perhaps the topic was just too morbid for some folks?)....but we've been at this point in the discussion in the past. Had the initiative to take on the full task on their own not happened, it would've been dead long ago.
What happened to Jason anyway? Where did he go?

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode