May 2019 ROTM - Trucks in the cemetery - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
ROTM Forum! Check out and Vote the Dmaxstore.com Rig of the Month (ROTM)!!!

31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

In all honesty I really dont mind the work. But when there are only a few people entering and putting in the effort to get a shot of their truck (rather than scrolling through old photos and finding one that would work) its hard to justify. The threads aren't getting pinned or endorsed in any type of way (except when I post in a few busy threads) it hard to justify to the boss how giving away $200/month has any kind of ROI.
hdrolling and dmaxuser like this.

-Jimmy (aka novaman64)

WWW.DMAXSTORE.COM
DURAMAX ONLY STORE 1-877-4MY-DMAX

KRYPTONITE STEERING
STAGE 5 ALLISON KITS FROM $1299.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxStoreJimmy View Post
In all honesty I really dont mind the work. But when there are only a few people entering and putting in the effort to get a shot of their truck (rather than scrolling through old photos and finding one that would work) its hard to justify. The threads aren't getting pinned or endorsed in any type of way (except when I post in a few busy threads) it hard to justify to the boss how giving away $200/month has any kind of ROI.
ROTM is how I found out about Dmax Store.
Noble_dmax likes this.

2019 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Midnight Edition
Previous:
2012 LTZ LML Crew Cab
2006 LT LBZ Crew Cab
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:44 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDMax89 View Post
What happened to Jason anyway? Where did he go?
Family mostly, I think.
We all have a personal life, priorities change, rides change/trade, work/careers,....
...or boredom sets in.

But the lack of participation, it can also be a seasonal thing too. Spring is ending, Summer's upon us, school is wrapping up, Grad events on every level, time to change houses, get ready for a vacation, etc.

Now look back at Dec - Feb, people are bored, stuck inside and you get over 3k views of the thread...from Members. And that's not counting the Guests thru various search engines.
lutzjk913, mray and DmaxStoreJimmy like this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Last edited by Hook'em_Horns!; 06-07-2019 at 05:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:50 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

ROTM has been a fun thing for many of us. It's sad to see it go but that's life. I am just glad for what we had and look forward to the next fun thing. Maybe it will be here. Maybe somewhere else. It won't be on FB though. There are too many basic problems there.

It is the stated policy on FB to not control anything. If you want to post that the Pope is a transsexual from Proxima Centauri, complete with Photoshopped pictures, you will gain a following and suddenly there will be all kinds of proof that our world is being run by _Pick a perversion__. FB is used to promote all kinds of agendas and most of its users are gullible enough to fall for all of it. You can fool most of the people all of the time. FB is the proof.
mray likes this.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:56 PM

Welp, thatís my cue.

Iím out.

2010 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT 4x4 CCLB DRW LMM D/A
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 02:00 PM

Garage
Sad to see it leave here. As a usual poster who hasn't in a couple months, I am just to blame for others to the death of this idea. This forum as a whole has seen a decline since the Facebook groups have become more popular.

06 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax LBZ, 6 Speed Allison, Crew Cab Short Bed, 4x4, 185,000 Miles, 5" Magna-Flow Exhaust, EFI Live tuning by "Farmtuned Diesel", Merchant Auto EGR block plate, Edge CTS Insight, B&W gooseneck hitch, 285/75/R16 BFG KO 2 tires, "legal" tint all the way around, AFE cold air intake, Fass 150, XDP fuel filter delete bowl, LED highs low fogs and reverse lights, PPE 6 light on mod, Galazy 929 CB radio, Highway Products toolbox, Graves Truck Gear rear bumper, Ranch Hand front bumper, more to come....

05 Chevy Trailblazer, 4.2 I-6, 135000 miles, bone stock, the daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode