post #201 of 219 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtapril View Post
Ponchatoula/Madisonville here!
Welcome. What's up. Ponchatoula here also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 219 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 PM

Cool! I am out on the east side of Toula, Bedico actually.

John
2009 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 4x4 Dually
Cognito UCA's, Leveling Keys, Bilstein 5100's, Banks Intake, Denali Grille Mod, Viair 325C Compressor, 2 Gallon Tank, Shocker S4 Train Horns, MBRP 4' Exhaust, EFILive by Kory.
-02 GMC Yukon
-64 Chevy Biscayne
post #203 of 219 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 09:00 PM

i relocated down to baton rouge! if anyone is in the area let me know!

great friends and Jags pro truck shop
used to have, lb7, lly, lbz, lmm, lml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 219 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 03:58 PM

Can any of you guys recommend a shop to do a PPI (pre purchase inspection) in or near Lafayette?

I'm looking at a truck, but would want it checked over before making a deal.

Thanks!
post #205 of 219 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
You have PPEI and Calvin's out in Sulphur. Not sure if the do them or no but that's who I'd call

White 2009 Silverado LMM CCSB--S&B CAI with oiled filter, Sinister EGR delete with boost tube, resonator plug, pcv re route, Fass Titanium 150 with stock filter delete, MBRP 3'' down pipe into MBRP 4'' mufflered exhaust, EFI DSP5 (Idaho Rob tunes) Allison deep pan, billet fuel bleeder screw, Fumoto oil drain valve. Kryptonite UCA's, Bilstein 5100 shocks, DMAX Store leveling keys. Watching all my vitals via Edge Insight CTS with EGT probe
Visuals include BMF REPR 20x10 wheels wrapped in Nitto 420s 305/50 tires.. Billet grille inserts, 4 3inch PIAA lights behind the grille, 5% tint all the way around with 35% on the windshield, Paint matched bumper, grille and mirrors, Pace Edwards JackRabbit Tonneau Cover, DMAX Store Billet Oil cap
Viper 2 way Remote Start with Smart Start
Interior is stock LTZ interior minus NAV right now.
More mods to come soon!
post #206 of 219 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotton_bawls View Post
You have PPEI and Calvin's out in Sulphur. Not sure if the do them or no but that's who I'd call
Thanks!

I also read about LA Diesel Works (anyone have experience with them??) and they said they would do a tip to tail inspection: https://www.facebook.com/Ballin-On-A...1980081815075/

Not read about Calvin's. The Google Street View makes it look like more of a backyard shop and not as serious a business? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...8ae3b7!6m1!1e1

I'll call PPEI tomorrow...not sure if they are strictly mail order or not.

Thanks again for the names....anyone with more, please chime in too!
post #207 of 219 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 10:42 PM

Garage
Never heard of LA Diesel Works. Calvin's is a true shop with a great reputation. PPEI just opened up a shop last year sometime. Go check their Facebook page out.

White 2009 Silverado LMM CCSB--S&B CAI with oiled filter, Sinister EGR delete with boost tube, resonator plug, pcv re route, Fass Titanium 150 with stock filter delete, MBRP 3'' down pipe into MBRP 4'' mufflered exhaust, EFI DSP5 (Idaho Rob tunes) Allison deep pan, billet fuel bleeder screw, Fumoto oil drain valve. Kryptonite UCA's, Bilstein 5100 shocks, DMAX Store leveling keys. Watching all my vitals via Edge Insight CTS with EGT probe
Visuals include BMF REPR 20x10 wheels wrapped in Nitto 420s 305/50 tires.. Billet grille inserts, 4 3inch PIAA lights behind the grille, 5% tint all the way around with 35% on the windshield, Paint matched bumper, grille and mirrors, Pace Edwards JackRabbit Tonneau Cover, DMAX Store Billet Oil cap
More mods to come soon!
post #208 of 219 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotton_bawls View Post
Never heard of LA Diesel Works. Calvin's is a true shop with a great reputation. PPEI just opened up a shop last year sometime. Go check their Facebook page out.
Thank you!

I ended up passing on the truck in question..it was a 2011 Denali on CL in Caraco for $30k through a small dealer called Miller's Auto Sales. Family seemed really nice, but the truck had (3) accidents according to Autocheck and yet the owner said he only believed CarFax where is showed (2) accidents. Even given that, he wasn't willing to come down on price to a level I felt better represented the value of a truck with (3) accidents. Bummer as it already had EFI Live and Exhaust which I would do to the truck I buy.

The search continues...
post #209 of 219 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 02:37 PM

Garage
Yep. Good luck with the search!

More mods to come soon!
post #210 of 219 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 04:18 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Ppei has been around for years, kory is one of the best tuners in the country! They were basically sharing a shop with calvin's but they built them a new shop last year.
crazycrew likes this.

Tyler

2015.5 Chevy 3500HD High Country CC/LWB 4x4 DRW __Edge Insight CTS2, B&W turnover ball, factory nerfs, RDS 60gal fuel tank/toolbox combo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
You can never have too much tire, only too much fender.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in