ULSD in Baja Sur/Cabo San Lucas area? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Southwest Events AZ - CA - CO - NM - HI - NV - UT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

ULSD in Baja Sur/Cabo San Lucas area?

No regional forum covering Baja, so this is the next closest thing. I'm looking at picking up a 15-16 LML powered truck to pull a boat down in our place in Cabo. Does anybody know definitively if the diesel at the pump in Baja Sur is ULSD? And If it's not, If i delete the truck, would that prevent any of the issues that could be caused by using non ULSD. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:02 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaNicky View Post
No regional forum covering Baja, so this is the next closest thing. I'm looking at picking up a 15-16 LML powered truck to pull a boat down in our place in Cabo. Does anybody know definitively if the diesel at the pump in Baja Sur is ULSD? And If it's not, If i delete the truck, would that prevent any of the issues that could be caused by using non ULSD. Thanks guys
Your other post is much more likely to get views in the LML section of the forum. To add to what i said there, US ULSD does not meet the requirements of the pump in the LML truck as build by Bosch. The pump is designed to run European diesel which does not have the same restrictions as our fuel in the US. The diesel you would get in mexico would, excluding issues in contamination from the station, work as well or better in your truck than US highway diesel as it will lubricate better than ULSD.

On a deleted truck, 100% no issues, on a non deleted truck, 99.99% no issues. I dont say 100% on the emissions truck because while i doubt it would contribute to faster soot buildup in the DPF, you never know. I do not think it would damage anything though, at worst you might have more frequent regens, but even that i doubt.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks again man! Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

I was pretty deflated at the thought oh having to get a gasser hahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode