2012 Suburban - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suburban and SUV Discussion of Diesel Installed SUV's

1Likes
  • 1 Post By kvw4x4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

2012 Suburban

We have a pretty nice 2012 1500 4 x 4 Suburban but after driving a Duramax it is gutless. I want fairly good mpg and need to pull my car trailer around every now and then. Just want to get some feedback and ideas on what I should do.

I can supercharge the 5.3 that is in it. This would net me about 400 hp and 400 foot pounds of torque.

I could swap in a bigger gas motor. Probably a 6.2. This would net me about the same hp as the supercharged 5.3 and just a little more torque. Not sure how involved it would be. I could also supercharge the 6.2. That would net me around 600 hp and just under 600 ft lbs of torque.

Then I could do it the way I really want to. I could swap a Duramax into it. Thinking maybe a van as a donor that way I could have a trans similar to what I have. This would net me around 300 hp and 700 ft lbs of torque.

I contacted DuraBurb about doing that and got no response. No matter which way I go I'll probably have to hire it done. We have our hands full here at the shop as it is. I also want to make sure it rides nice so I want to leave the 1500 suspension as intact as possible.

Give me your suggestions on how you would do it and any info on who I could trust to do it would be nice.

My 24th Duramax is the StudeMAX drag car!!

Special Thanks to my Sponsors!!

Danville Performance, SoCal Diesel, Vibrant Performance, & ProFab Performance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 05:57 PM

try duraburb again Eric or I think Brenda, I have debated it to and have talked to them a couple times, my issue is I'm in Washington state and a long ways away

I have heard nothing but awesome things about Duraburb
lifeoriley likes this.

2008 2500hd ccsb duramax, lml front bumper,idaho rob efi live, 4" exhaust, b & w hitch, 4" lift 35" tires
1985 k20 p-pump cummins nv4500, hx40.... 6" lift 35" tires
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 11:20 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Eric is just swamped right now, he is building 30 Duraburbs to spec for the government like mine without the lift. I left a message also and his messages were overflowing when I was there just like last Spring. He finishes the rigs and they go for bulletproofing and systems, pretty awesome contract. I talked to several people who picked up used Duraburbs because Eric couldn't get to them in the time they needed their rigs. Keep trying if you are ready to go and get in the 'Q' for a build - they do fantastic work and stand behind it!

2007.5 Maxxed Chevy Suburban with LMM Duramax
6 Inch Pro Comp Lift with 20 inch Fuel Rims
and 35 inch Toyo M/T tires
EFILIVE DSP5

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/me...rban-2471.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode