Fuel Tank Issues - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suburban and SUV Discussion of Diesel Installed SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Tank Issues

I recently bought a 2008 2500 Suburban with a LMM. Just learning the ins and outs of how it all works in the Suburban chassis.

One problem Ive noticed is a small fuel drip from the rear tank. After some investigation it looks like the rear tank is not transferring the fuel out. The tank it totally full, if not over full.

I dropped the tank today(What a PITA when its full). I disconnected the fuel lines to the rear tank and the truck still runs so I think the truck runs off of the front tank only with a Air Dog system.

I've read that there are tunes for dual tanks. Not sure if mine has that tune or if I have a pump problem with the rear tank.

What would be my next step to get this working? Does the pump in the rear tank only transfer fuel to the front? How does this system work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in