HD Tie Rods - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
JAC

HD Tie Rods

Can anybody give me info, thoughts, or reviews on KRYPTONITE DEATH GRIP TIE RODS vs DMAX XD TIE RODS??? I was at the race track the other night (Test & Tune) to watch two buddies race their cars and some how I got roped into running my truck, 1st run in 2wd I spun 1/4 way down track but and still ended up 98 MPH. So now I'm interested in what it would do if it actually hooked up, So I tried 4wd and everything was great, actually I was beside a car that runs a 12.5 and I was ahead of him til a little over 60' then all hell broke loose steering wheel went nuts so I left off. Ended up breaking idler arm, video show front wheels twerking in & out. I'm upper grading the idler arm and maybe added the pitman/idler arm support kit. I'm debating on just keeping my tie rod sleeves or up grading to HD Tie Rods (DMAX XD or KRYPTONITE DEATH GRIP) anyone with experience with either one of these would be great.

04.5 lly ex cab LBZ MP & Intake, Magnaflow DP, EGR Blocked,4"MBRP Front Pipe 4" Borla Exhaust, EFI live Tuned by Tony @ Ridgerunner Diesel, rough country tie rod sleeves, Edge Insight Monitor: Locally Built Transmission Goodyear MTR 285-70-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 06:42 PM

I have the DMAX store tie rods and have done some boosted launches and haven't had any problems. I also have cognito Pisk kit (pitman & idler arm support brackets). The DMAX store ones are pretty stout and i cant see having any issues with them. The warranty with Kryptonite is hella nice but it comes with a price compared to the DMAX store rods. I aint going to be launching my truck all the time or going to the strip regularly so i i figured id be just fine with DMAX store ones.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 08:16 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

My truck made over 700 hp and all I had was sleeves and a dhd centerlink brace for awhile. Then upgraded to the kryptonite tie rods. Would have kept the sleeves but apparently not a single company makes lml sleeves to fit moog extreme dutys..

2012 QCSB/Built 6.8 Cummins/48RE/Ratchet shifter/Epa Compliant

Last edited by SilverGorillaLML; 09-30-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
JAC

Actually I talk to a Dmax guy last night and said the same thing about sleeves work just fine, I also talked to someone @ Dmax Store and they told me the Dmax tie rod are only 3 yr warranty for $200, I can get new HD moog tie rods LT warranty for an extra $23 here local and just use my sleeves so most likely going to go that route. Also going to order the Pisk kit (pitman & idler arm support brackets) hopefully that will work.
Thanks a lot for the info greatly appreciated

04.5 lly ex cab LBZ MP & Intake, Magnaflow DP, EGR Blocked,4"MBRP Front Pipe 4" Borla Exhaust, EFI live Tuned by Tony @ Ridgerunner Diesel, rough country tie rod sleeves, Edge Insight Monitor: Locally Built Transmission Goodyear MTR 285-70-17
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
My truck made over 700 hp and all I had was sleeves and a dhd centerlink brace for awhile. Then upgraded to the kryptonite tie rods. Would have kept the sleeves but apparently not a single company makes lml sleeves to fit moog extreme dutys..
when I worked at a machine shop,I reamed mine out to fit the moogs.I'd find a local shop.

2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

2016 GMC Denali stock for now
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 05:11 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

2 local ones acted like I was asking them to attach my tie rods with paper clips

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
2 local ones acted like I was asking them to attach my tie rods with paper clips
that sucks.
do you know what the bore needs to be and what the Id is of the sleeve?

2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

2016 GMC Denali stock for now
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 07:33 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

No I dont. Not sure if I have stock dmax tierods or sleeves at in my shop either.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 07:53 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

How cranked up is your front end?

I have stock tie rods with sleeves and a DHD brace and haven’t had a issue yet. Probably pushing well over 100 passes with this setup

Joe
2008 CCLB LMM
13.39 @ 99.44 W/ 1.76 60’
456 HP 925 TQ

2003 RCLB LB7 “UNDER CONSTRUCTION”
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC View Post
Actually I talk to a Dmax guy last night and said the same thing about sleeves work just fine, I also talked to someone @ Dmax Store and they told me the Dmax tie rod are only 3 yr warranty for $200, I can get new HD moog tie rods LT warranty for an extra $23 here local and just use my sleeves so most likely going to go that route. Also going to order the Pisk kit (pitman & idler arm support brackets) hopefully that will work.
Thanks a lot for the info greatly appreciated
Around here the parts stores will only honor the lifetime warranty on the Moogs 1 time.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode