Help with shocks for leveling - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Help with shocks for leveling

Truck is a 2016 2500.

Iím trying to decide between the Bilstein 5100ís and the Fox 2.0ís. Iím leveling the truck which will consist of keys, kryptonite UCAís, diff drop, and just sleeving the tie rods for now. Truck is a daily driver and I haul a medium size bumper pull camper seasonally. Iím looking for the best ride quality that I can get (yes I understand it will still be bad either way). I also have a set of shock spacers that came with the leveling kit.

I see the Bilsteins are for up to a 1.5Ē lift and the Foxís are for 1-3Ē. Iím guessing if I run Bilsteins I would need to run the spacers. Any advice/help is appreciated.

2016 Chevy 2500 Z71 LTZ
Fleece CP3, Airdog 165 4g, Beans sump, Sinister EGR delete, MBRP 5" turbo back, S&B intake, EZ Lynk by PPEI, Edge CTS2, Sinister PCV reroute, Sinister resonator delete

Kryptonite UCA'S, Fox 2.0's, cranked keys, 22" Fuel Blitz wrapped in Nittos... rub-a-dub dub... scrub scrub scrub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 03:46 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Id run the bilsteins...and that is coming from a guy who has expensive fox's!

Garrett, that's 2-R's & 2-T's
2015.5 ccsb HC, deep ocean blue metallic, 2wd, cst 4" knuckles, camburg 1.25" uniball uppers, fox 2.5 dsc shocks, 17x9 fuel anza beadlock, 35x12.50 maxxis razr mt.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply... the bilsteins for the 1.5" lift and a spacer? Or the bilsteins for the 4-6" lift? Guess i feel like im losing something by using spacers?

2016 Chevy 2500 Z71 LTZ
Fleece CP3, Airdog 165 4g, Beans sump, Sinister EGR delete, MBRP 5" turbo back, S&B intake, EZ Lynk by PPEI, Edge CTS2, Sinister PCV reroute, Sinister resonator delete

Kryptonite UCA'S, Fox 2.0's, cranked keys, 22" Fuel Blitz wrapped in Nittos... rub-a-dub dub... scrub scrub scrub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Get the Bilsteins for 0-2Ē leveling and use 1 spacer per side. You wonít lose anything with the spacer, it is just putting the shocks closer to stock rebound and compression. I run the Foxes as well, but only because I wanted to. The Bilsteins are a great shock and will work well with your setup. If you keep the tb cranking to a minimum you can get the truck close to level and still have a good ride. It will be a little harder on some of the steering and suspension parts than a lift kit would be. I like your parts selection, I would only add a pisk. Here is my truck with pretty much the same parts and a 1Ē block in the rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 704FE592-4A91-43B9-9907-14F848BBF6B4.jpg (53.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg E647662C-3349-45CE-B32A-3AD17B22EE0B.jpg (70.2 KB, 11 views)

2016 2500hd Custom Sport, Z71, LTZ
Leveled with Moto 961's and 295/70\18 Ridge Grapplers,Amp steps, Weathertech mats, Extang Encore,S&B dry,
Wehrli intake bridge and AFE IC piping,Edge Insight cts2, AirDog II 165,SDP resonator delete, Mishimoto pcv catch can, MBRP down pipe,Recon led tail lights and third brake light, Morimoto mini D2S 5.0 projectors w/hidís, Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 ledís highs and fogs.
Kryptonite ucaís & tie rod sleeves, CCM diff drop,Fox 2.0 reservoirs, steering stabilizer, CalTracs,
Cognito PISK and heavy duty sway bar links, AirLift bags,
Nitro 4.30ís w/Nitro TracRite posi...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode