Need new wheel bearing - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
Add to that....as I've recently discovered, the new trend now with the glam "LIFETIME WARRANTY!".... AFTER YOU PAY shipping back to them (this after back and forth banter, with pics as you plead your case of failure, since you're the guilty one for abusing the part), wait for processing, they then issue a refund check instead of replacing the defective part with another soon to fail defective part.

AND, many times, that refund is only a partial refund on the one in the pair that fails.
The freight $$ going back will be much more than what you paid to receive it, then you'll have to do it again when the other half fails.

You end up paying more in shipping both ways, than if you'd just bought quality in the 1st place.
All of the above, if you're lucky haha

2015.5 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ, Z71, SRW.
Summit White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockn69 View Post
All of the above, if you're lucky haha
I actually just spoke with Kryptonite and they said each case is handled differently. If there's evidence of their part not working or if there's evidence of it being broken, they'd just send out replacement parts without having to see the original part back. I'm going to hope I never have to use their warranty but it is good knowing they stand behind "their" product.

2007 Chevrolet 2500 LT3 LBZ CCSB
ECM & TCM tuning by DuramaxTuner | Digital DSP5 Switch | Transgo Jr | Edge Insight CTS | 4" MBRP DP back | 3" Downpipe | AEM Cold Air Intake | PCV Reroute | MA Pump Rub Fix | 4" Cognito lift | 20x10 RBP wheels wrapped in 305/55R20 Sumitomo Encounter AT tires
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 11:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by renagde View Post
I actually just spoke with Kryptonite and they said each case is handled differently. If there's evidence of their part not working or if there's evidence of it being broken, they'd just send out replacement parts without having to see the original part back. I'm going to hope I never have to use their warranty but it is good knowing they stand behind "their" product.
I had some tie rods from Kryptonite the went bad due to install error and I submitted some pictures with the warranty claim and they sent me new ones and I just returned the broken ones in the box they sent. No questions really and I didn't have to pay anything. They customer service is also top notch, texted me on my personal number and answered some additional questions I had about other products installed on my truck. So im willing to pay the extra money for a true lifetime replacement warranty no matter how it gets broken.
renagde likes this.

Michael

09 LMM
Leveled, Deleted, and Tinted, 5" Flo-Pro SS, EFI by Kory Willis, PCV Re-route, Fass 150.
US Army Military Police
East Carolina Pirate Alumni
Amsoil Dealer
http://eastcarolinasynth.myamsoil.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode