Front end replacement parts? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By J83

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Front end replacement parts?

I am in need of new pitman arm, idler arm, and upper control arms on my 01 2500 with 205,000 miles on. just looking at options... looks like I can go oe replacement for fraction of the cost. I can get all the above parts oe for $130 and add kryptonite support brackets to pitman/idler. it seems this will be a good combo. I am running 285's, more hp, and a 4" lift but the stock parts lasted this long, with some added reinforcement they should be good to go right? is it really worth spending another $1500 for all name brand items??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 10:06 AM

Yes...

2007 2500HD "Classic" 4x4, LBZ/Allison, CC/SB,
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

Garage
Go kryptonite and never look back... Lifetime replacements will pay for themselves the first time you have to send a part back Lol. I started with the small parts first. Only thing left now is centerlink which im not too worried about keeping stock for the time being. I run 20x14s and all of my Kryptonite stuff is holding up fine

Michael

09 LMM
Leveled, Deleted, and Tinted, 5" Flo-Pro SS, EFI by Kory Willis, PCV Re-route, Fass 150.
US Army Military Police
East Carolina Pirate Alumni
Amsoil Dealer
http://eastcarolinasynth.myamsoil.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I used Moog problem solver stuff they have been holding up very well . Rock auto has the beast prices . I just couldn't bring myself to spend Kryptonite or Cognito money on a 17 year old truck .

2002 2500HD 4x4 ccsb
EFI live Idaho Rob
LBZ CP3 and regulator
4'' lift
Ultra Predators
Toyo RT's
WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED I'LL BE THE OUTLAW !!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLB7 View Post
I am in need of new pitman arm, idler arm, and upper control arms on my 01 2500 with 205,000 miles on. just looking at options... looks like I can go oe replacement for fraction of the cost. I can get all the above parts oe for $130 and add kryptonite support brackets to pitman/idler. it seems this will be a good combo. I am running 285's, more hp, and a 4" lift but the stock parts lasted this long, with some added reinforcement they should be good to go right? is it really worth spending another $1500 for all name brand items??
kind of depends how you use the truck. I would at least do the HD tierods, but unless your really pushing the truck hard the rest of the kryptonite stuff is probably not needed, the support would be good to add as well.

That said, theres nothing wrong with going full kryptonite, ive used several of there parts including UCA and they are of awesome quality, but if your not going to put the truck in situations where you need that kind of over kill, the moog parts are probably fine at a fraction of the cost.
CDmax16 likes this.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Allison Transmission (stock)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in