Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Calling all Truck Campers

94K views 246 replies 83 participants last post by  Dmax affair 
#1 ·
Let's get our own thread going and post up some of our Slide-In Truck Campers :neener

I own a 2003 BigFoot 9.6 with a basement and couldn't be happier! We have been to Yosemite in 12*F weather without a problem and then up to Canada for a month with our kayaks. Life if good when we are able to get off of the beaten path. No trailer to haul around and we can boondock anywhere the truck can get. Loaded up in 10 minutes and on the road to paradise where ever that may be.

Forced air heat, air conditioner, queen bed, shit-n-shower, fridge, oven, stove, radio and no damn TV!! Mini-Apartment on wheels I guess you could say.

I'll go first...........

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: poosniffer
#2 ·
I'm in for pictures. ...I want to get a cheaper one for hunting and weekend family camping trips.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
Don't have one but is probably buy one if the price was right.

#4 ·
I'll watch this. I'd like to get one sometime in the next few years.

#6 ·
I gotta say OP, Yosemite and Canada are both a hell of a drive from China...
Nice setups. If/when I buy a camper I'm definitely considering a bed load camper. It would be used though, cuz those things new are just as expensive as a bumper pull.

#7 ·
I picked up a 2014 Wolf Creek 850 4 seasons camper yesterday (2348lbs dry). These pictures are on the stock suspension. I plan on adding Tork Lift Stable Loads soon and airbags some day.

Queen bed, full bathroom, stove/oven, 5 cf refer, heated tanks and plumbing, storm windows, wireless remote jacks, and tons of storage (interior/exterior).

Reactions: Plrbear3500drw
#47 · (Edited)
Get the stable loads first. I have both and only use my air bags for leveling when I am parked. The ride is much better with the stable loads engaged and the air bags at the min 5 psi. Nice looking rig you have!

#14 ·
The full load...
View attachment 124369

The worst part about having a TC & a dually

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Holy balls thats huge. Uh guys wats a estimate u could get almething like this for? I like the idea and have looked at them since i was young. How do they mount into the bed.?
And uh do u have to drop the polls when u get in it?
Or is that how they are stored?
Cool stuff :thumb

#15 ·
Interior Pics

#17 ·
Great 4 season camper Shermanator! We see Okanagan's up here in Alaska also, built next door in Canada.

Reactions: Firmy
#18 ·
What a great idea for a thread! i want to get a camper eventually, but I also want to tow a boat,,

#19 ·
Reese and Curt make HD hitch extensions for towing when an extended camper is on the truck. I used a 24"-34" Reese extension.

#22 ·
I do have the dually swing out brackets, it's just that close. If I fabricated an extension onto the brackets it they wouldn't be able to fold in. Just have to be real careful (never even gave it a second thought when I had a SRW truck).
Vehicle Vehicle door Car Commercial vehicle Automotive exterior

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#23 ·
#24 · (Edited)
Here's a mine:

#138 ·
The new camper upgraded to an Artic Fox with a slide:)
And a pic towing my hunting rig

#26 ·
picked up mine in the spring for $400 did a little work to it to clean it up a bit on the inside, still in the process of adding a flat screen bought a new mini fridge with separate freezer and have all new lights for the outside waiting to go on, it was ready to use when i bought it but always nice to add your own touches

#28 ·
Here's one for you truck camper guys. Seems like a good price for what it is? These things from what I've seen bring good money and are hard to find!
1995 Skamper pick up camper

#29 ·
looks pretty nice, only reason i bought mine though was because of the price, i couldnt see spending 3500 on a truck camper when you can get a really decent 23' pull behind for that the pull behinds in the $800 price range all needed $500 in tires then all new insides on top of that. im glad i got what i did though because now i can still take the fishing boat with us

#30 ·
I like what you have done. Looks much nicer/newer inside now.

#34 ·
I'm getting around 14mpg with my 816 lance TC and pulling my 16' bass boat in the hills of WV.

#35 ·
I dropped 3mpg with the camper and a 16' trailer with ATV's on it, versus just the truck with same trailer and load.