Kow's Hotshot Thread - Page 929 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
 6998Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #9281 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Kow's Hotshot Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8sten View Post
Ok Im just getting into Hotshot and this may have been asked in this long @$$ thread but I really dont want to search for it in almost 9300 posts. your signature says you are completely deleted, does the DOT give you any problems, Im guessing not. I just got a 2011 and its fully stock and I want more power and better fuel mileage. Its relatively low mileage at just over 30k miles. Im in the process of getting my Class A CDL right now, and will hopefully get a trailer here within the next week. I want to delete it but since i live about 1000' away from a large DOT checkpoint I will get pulled over and I do not want any issues.

I have never had a problem, even in California. I have heard of people being checked for deletes but it’s always their mothers bothers cousins uncle’s friend Jim bob, never directly from the source...
In all the hotshot pages I frequent, I have never seen a single person get a ticket for it.
If you want to go the extra mile just for added insurance, you could gut the dpf and put it back on. That way everything looks stock.
Dot will check to make sure you have a muffler in some states. Iv had Colorado climb under my truck for that.

Good luck with the new venture! If you have any more questions there are a lot of knowledgeable people in this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold 08 Sierra Dually 553k miles
19 Sierra Dually
Kow’s Hotshot Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9282 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowclub173 View Post
I have never had a problem, even in California. I have heard of people being checked for deletes but it’s always their mothers bothers cousins uncle’s friend Jim bob, never directly from the source...
In all the hotshot pages I frequent, I have never seen a single person get a ticket for it.
If you want to go the extra mile just for added insurance, you could gut the dpf and put it back on. That way everything looks stock.
Dot will check to make sure you have a muffler in some states. Iv had Colorado climb under my truck for that.

Good luck with the new venture! If you have any more questions there are a lot of knowledgeable people in this thread

I have been eyeing this exhaust and I have heard it on a friends truck, its not too loud. They do crawl under the trucks here. I see them break out the creepers all the time, that's why it concerns me. I'm in Texas and as far as a state inspection is concerned, they only do a safety inspection (lights, blinkers, horn and whatnot).

https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/...m-duramax.aspx

2011 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually

- All stock mechanically (for now)
- AirRide Helper air bags
- B&W Turn-Over Ball Goose Neck
- 75 gallon aux fuel tank

DRW Club Member #323
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11...d-process.html
post #9283 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
I have been eyeing this exhaust and I have heard it on a friends truck, its not too loud. They do crawl under the trucks here. I see them break out the creepers all the time, that's why it concerns me. I'm in Texas and as far as a state inspection is concerned, they only do a safety inspection (lights, blinkers, horn and whatnot).

https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/...m-duramax.aspx

As long as your county doesn’t have emissions testing you’ll be fine.

v8sten likes this.

19 Sierra Dually
Kow’s Hotshot Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9284 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 10:26 PM

And I only have safety for diesels in the county I'm in
kowclub173 likes this.

2011 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually

- All stock mechanically (for now)
- AirRide Helper air bags
- B&W Turn-Over Ball Goose Neck
- 75 gallon aux fuel tank

DRW Club Member #323
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11...d-process.html
post #9285 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Fanatic

It used to be so clean...

19 Sierra Dually
Kow’s Hotshot Thread
post #9286 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 04:21 AM
Finally! Wheels on!

I guess that answers my question. I was wondering if the black grill trucks came with a black surround but its chrome....I guess I'll keep looking. I want to totally black the grill and shell but can't find a shell in black.
kowclub173 likes this.

The Bus
Looking for OBS interior parts: Graphite color code. (1999-2004 IIRC) Door panels for sure, but let me know what you have

RedNeck Dually Build Thread
Dually Club Member #191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERWATCH_09 View Post
The perfect storm of incompetence....Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with money.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose2448 View Post
It's really complicated sounding, but it's easier than giving a fat girl a bucket of ice cream.
post #9287 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 08:50 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to novaman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedNeck View Post
I guess that answers my question. I was wondering if the black grill trucks came with a black surround but its chrome....I guess I'll keep looking. I want to totally black the grill and shell but can't find a shell in black.
I used this stuff to get my chrome black. Cleaned the chrome with denatured alcohol, then just shot this on. Hasnt chipped yet, and I have done plasti dip and spray paint previously, none of them last the winter, this bedliner in a can is absolutely awesome though..

TexasRedNeck likes this.

-Jimmy (aka DmaxStoreJimmy)
08' Silverado 3500HD CCLB LMM 4x4 - Build Thread
02' Silverado 2500HD CCLB LB7 4x4 - RIP 12/15/2016

#1 member 3500 LB SRW Club

WWW.DMAXSTORE.COM
DURAMAX ONLY STORE 1-877-4MY-DMAX

Last edited by novaman64; 12-06-2017 at 09:04 AM.
post #9288 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 09:14 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman64 View Post
I used this stuff to get my chrome black. Cleaned the chrome with denatured alcohol, then just shot this on. Hasnt chipped yet, and I have done plasti dip and spray paint previously, none of them last the winter, this bedliner in a can is absolutely awesome though..

Used that for rust mitigation under my mud guard on the front fender. Seems to be holding up great to the constant rubbing of the guard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

'15 Chevy ccsb wt wehrli | motorops | xd | nitto | atta | curt | tork lift | airlift | edge | s&b |
Bought 11/21/14 72 mi
01/01/16 177685
'03 cc lb drw bd intake, intake horn mod, dsp5, 4" silverline turbo back, d-celerator exhaust brake, amsoil bypass, amsoil synthetics throughout, 225/70 19.5, 1/3 drop, oil cooler
Traded at 299,465
post #9289 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 09:21 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok Im just getting into Hotshot and this may have been asked in this long @$$ thread but I really dont want to search for it in almost 9300 posts. your signature says you are completely deleted, does the DOT give you any problems, Im guessing not. I just got a 2011 and its fully stock and I want more power and better fuel mileage. Its relatively low mileage at just over 30k miles. Im in the process of getting my Class A CDL right now, and will hopefully get a trailer here within the next week. I want to delete it but since i live about 1000' away from a large DOT checkpoint I will get pulled over and I do not want any issues.
I have an lml and it's stealth deleted (appears stock underneath) I'm also dot and have never been hassled. I can hook you up with tunes and advice on how to perform the stealth delete if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

'15 Chevy ccsb wt wehrli | motorops | xd | nitto | atta | curt | tork lift | airlift | edge | s&b |
Bought 11/21/14 72 mi
01/01/16 177685
'03 cc lb drw bd intake, intake horn mod, dsp5, 4" silverline turbo back, d-celerator exhaust brake, amsoil bypass, amsoil synthetics throughout, 225/70 19.5, 1/3 drop, oil cooler
Traded at 299,465
post #9290 of 12825 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
^^^ this fellow can get you some of the best tunes!

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode