Texas Hot Shot Drivers Can I Delete??? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By v8sten

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Texas Hot Shot Drivers Can I Delete???

I am sorry if this has been asked before. There is a lot to search through. I just bought a 2011 3500HD DRW with just over 30k on the clock and I am in the process of getting my Class A CDL. I would really like to delete my truck for obvious reasons. My question is, Will DOT care if I have deleted this truck? I live about 1000' away from a huge DOT check point and I will be pulled over. I do not want to delete it and then have it come back and bite me in the @$$. So To my fellow Texan Hot Shot drivers, do I need to worry about that? Or am I stressing over nothing? I already asked this question in kowclub173 thread and he said its not an issue, just put a muffler on it. But i figured why not make my own dedicated thread about this. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2786.jpg (63.7 KB, 145 views)

2011 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually

- All stock mechanically (for now)
- AirRide Helper air bags
- B&W Turn-Over Ball Goose Neck
- 75 gallon aux fuel tank

DRW Club Member #323
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11...d-process.html

Last edited by v8sten; 12-05-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaucett View Post
I have an lml and it's stealth deleted (appears stock underneath) I'm also dot and have never been hassled. I can hook you up with tunes and advice on how to perform the stealth delete if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I Have been thinking about this, I have a friend with a gutted DPF sitting in his shop right now. I was thinking of building a bi-mode muffler inside the original DPF and a resonator out of the Cat. A little history on me. I build 3" Modded Corvette mufflers. I cut the original mufflers completely apart and completely rebuild them to free up the restriction inside the muffler and make it sound louder and better than factory. Then on the quiet side, make it quieter than factory. Since starting this I have an understanding on how mufflers work and how sound waves work. I have an idea on how to build a bi-mode muffler with the original DPF housing. I just gotta source a 4" valve. So i can have the free flow and sound of a straight pipe and have the nice quiet side when i want it to be quiet.

here is a video of my old Z06 with these mufflers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.M. View Post
^^^ this fellow can get you some of the best tunes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when the time comes i will consider this.
M.A.M. likes this.

2011 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually

- All stock mechanically (for now)
- AirRide Helper air bags
- B&W Turn-Over Ball Goose Neck
- 75 gallon aux fuel tank

DRW Club Member #323
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11...d-process.html
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8sten View Post
I am sorry if this has been asked before. There is a lot to search through. I just bought a 2011 3500HD DRW with just over 30k on the clock and I am in the process of getting my Class A CDL. I would really like to delete my truck for obvious reasons. My question is, Will DOT care if I have deleted this truck? I live about 1000' away from a huge DOT check point and I will be pulled over. I do not want to delete it and then have it come back and bite me in the @$$. So To my fellow Texan Hot Shot drivers, do I need to worry about that? Or am I stressing over nothing? I already asked this question in kowclub173 thread and he said its not an issue, just put a muffler on it. But i figured why not make my own dedicated thread about this. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
I'd leave your EGR in place and gut your DPF, leave the DOC in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 03:45 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxhc33rl View Post
I'd leave your EGR in place and gut your DPF, leave the DOC in place.
This is what I would do.

2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum Crewmax
SOLD:2008 LMM Silverado 2500 LTZ ECSB 4X4.
Aftermarket DSP5 calibration by Danville Performance, Blocked and re-routed, Nicktane with Baldwin BF7587, PPE lift pump with Baldwin BF1212 water separator, 285/75/17 Dura Grapplers on H2s, CTS Insight with pyro.HIDs in fogs and high beams.

Proud Member U/A Local 693 Plumbers/Pipefitters.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 05:44 PM

I left the cat alone- (gets rid of the teary eyed stink) unplugged the EGR valve, cut the DPF in half lengthwise gutted it, installed a piece of 4" pipe with a few hundred holes in it, wrapped it tightly with fibreglass insulation and welded it back up. Poor mans glass pack muffler and keeps truck " in stealth mode!" The delete tunes work great and no problems over last 2 years!

2015 CHEV 3500 Dually CC 4x4
Katzkin leather & heated seats, I board running boards, Linex lower treatment
SOLD: 2011 GMC 3500 Denali CC SWB Duramax
Lowered 2 1/2"
Banks Cat back exhaust
Black factory boards
Hauling a Bighorn 5th wheel

Mice ate my emissions wiring and stuff under my truck-
Bye Bye DEF and all that crap!
converted DPF to a resonator & it works great!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towing dude View Post
I left the cat alone- (gets rid of the teary eyed stink) unplugged the EGR valve, cut the DPF in half lengthwise gutted it, installed a piece of 4" pipe with a few hundred holes in it, wrapped it tightly with fibreglass insulation and welded it back up. Poor mans glass pack muffler and keeps truck " in stealth mode!" The delete tunes work great and no problems over last 2 years!
I did the same except for simply knocking the insides of the DPF out with a long crow bar. I do get very slight drone at certain speeds, but not enough to bother me or my wife. Am curious if you have that, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode