Highest quality GMT800 tow mirrors - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Highest quality GMT800 tow mirrors

Hey all,

New to the forum, and was curious what is recommended for top quality stock style tow mirrors for a GMT800? I have searched around, and there is the usual thread on "Is x brand any good" but I have yet to find a comparison to OEM or other aftermarkets.

If such a post exists, a link would be appreciated!

I want the 06 style factory replacement, and my truck is rather low trim level so they will just be all manual with no options. Basically I dont want junk mirrors that shake, thats all I really want in life.

Boost Auto is recommended, but they dont seem to offer the 06 style mirror head anymore. I am a weirdo that way and want OEM style.

I hear both pros and cons on Kool vue.

I have not heard anything bad about the mirrors 1A auto sells. Will these be a good choice? The all manual mirror price is plenty agreeable at 121.

Any info appreciated,

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Guy 65 View Post
Boost Auto is recommended, but they dont seem to offer the 06 style mirror head anymore. I am a weirdo that way and want OEM style.
Welcome to the forum. I dont think that is weird to want OEM look. I like it that way too. Boost does offer a tow mirror but only with all the bells and whistles. You dont have to enable the features but you have to pay the big bucks for stuff you wont need / use. My LBZ came with the OEM tow mirrors so I have never used the boost product. Have you considered buying used clean OEM ones at a junkyard?Seems like most of the YouTube duramax channels I watch use the Boost product and seem happy. You never know if its unbiased or a paid product placement though
(I have trust issues )

https://boostautoparts.com/pages/pro...6~mk_silverado

I looked up my OEM mirrors by VIN on gmpartsnow. com.
https://www.gmpartsnow.com/auto-part...e-mirrors-scat

Perhaps you could scan the junkyards with the part numbers? Just a thought

06 2500HD CCSB 4wd LBZ | Fleece Trans cooler lines |Red Head steering box|Edge Evolution CTS2 w/ EGT probe| Bilstein 5100s|Bilstein steering damper|Michelin Defender LTX M/S LRE| "OEM" Turbo Brake | Airlift # 88275 airbags

Last edited by Enigma66; 06-25-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode