Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Highest quality GMT800 tow mirrors

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Enigma66 
#1 ·
Hey all,

New to the forum, and was curious what is recommended for top quality stock style tow mirrors for a GMT800? I have searched around, and there is the usual thread on "Is x brand any good" but I have yet to find a comparison to OEM or other aftermarkets.

If such a post exists, a link would be appreciated!

I want the 06 style factory replacement, and my truck is rather low trim level so they will just be all manual with no options. Basically I dont want junk mirrors that shake, thats all I really want in life. :)

Boost Auto is recommended, but they dont seem to offer the 06 style mirror head anymore. I am a weirdo that way and want OEM style.

I hear both pros and cons on Kool vue.

I have not heard anything bad about the mirrors 1A auto sells. Will these be a good choice? The all manual mirror price is plenty agreeable at 121.

Any info appreciated,

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Boost Auto is recommended, but they dont seem to offer the 06 style mirror head anymore. I am a weirdo that way and want OEM style.
Welcome to the forum. I dont think that is weird to want OEM look. I like it that way too. Boost does offer a tow mirror but only with all the bells and whistles. You dont have to enable the features but you have to pay the big bucks for stuff you wont need / use. My LBZ came with the OEM tow mirrors so I have never used the boost product. Have you considered buying used clean OEM ones at a junkyard?Seems like most of the YouTube duramax channels I watch use the Boost product and seem happy. You never know if its unbiased or a paid product placement though
(I have trust issues :grin2:)

https://boostautoparts.com/pages/product-result?rq=yr_2006~mk_silverado

I looked up my OEM mirrors by VIN on gmpartsnow. com.
https://www.gmpartsnow.com/auto-par...8-diesel-engine/body-cat/outside-mirrors-scat

Perhaps you could scan the junkyards with the part numbers? Just a thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.