12K tires worn out on my 5th wheel - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Found some tires I'm gonna try out, not Sailuns but these. Shop in town sells em, like to keep stuff local if possible.
Trying to decide if I should go up to 235/85/16 vs. 235/80/16.

https://www.advantatire.com/commerci...ailer/av3000t/

https://www.advantatire.com/files/pd...cial-truck.pdf

04 GMC LB7 2500 SAC 45 injectors DSP5 EFI live, ported air inlet. 4" MBRP droning exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:19 PM

Goodyear G614 on my 5th wheel. Great tires but pricey!

2015 CCSB 3500 TM
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:04 PM

38ft sooner , 4 horse w/LQ ...replaced the 16" Goodyear with 19.5" commercial tire from boar wheel . No comparison....will go with the 19.5" tires on all my existing and future trailers.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:13 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I'm on my 3rd 5th wheel, and have accumulated a lot of miles over the years. You're wear rate is atypical. Start by ensuring your alignment is correct, and upgrade your suspension with heavy duty shackles and a wet bolt kit. The only tires I've never had trouble with are the Goodyear G614 RSTs, load range G, that I'm running now. I monitor tire pressure and temperature with a TPMS system.
TexasRedNeck likes this.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark001 View Post
I'm on my 3rd 5th wheel, and have accumulated a lot of miles over the years. You're wear rate is atypical. Start by ensuring your alignment is correct, and upgrade your suspension with heavy duty shackles and a wet bolt kit. The only tires I've never had trouble with are the Goodyear G614 RSTs, load range G, that I'm running now. I monitor tire pressure and temperature with a TPMS system.
Well that's the thing. I came back from Elkhart 2 months ago where I got a IS suspension. Should have been lined up good, but after putting a straight edge on the tires it looks like 1 rear is towed out about an 1/8 & opposite front is towed out.

04 GMC LB7 2500 SAC 45 injectors DSP5 EFI live, ported air inlet. 4" MBRP droning exhaust.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:27 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

We have a 37' Cedar Creek and have always ran G rated Goodyear tires on it. Got 6 yrs on the first ones and four on the set we have now with not much wear at all. We did have to put new leaf springs and new shocks on it about a month ago. It is a 2005 5th wheel.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desuhu View Post
We have a 37' Cedar Creek and have always ran G rated Goodyear tires on it. Got 6 yrs on the first ones and four on the set we have now with not much wear at all. We did have to put new leaf springs and new shocks on it about a month ago. It is a 2005 5th wheel.
Mine is a year old picked it up last April. What's the Cedar Creek weigh? Mine is 14K plus.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Garage
First off I'm positve those tires were made in China. Second if u google Sailum Chinese made tires u will find lots of evidence they r also junk. There's more than 1 reason they're so cheap. Buy the Goodyears or look at the Bridgestone s which I have on my 14k 5r. 5k miles and they look brand new. Always, always check cold tire pressure before any trip. Remember that the rv industry now is owned by very few corporations. Most of the quality manufactors went bankrupt in 08 crash. So everything is geared to make rvs as cheap and light as possible. Lippart now makes 90% of all the frames, suspension systems and axles. Their business model is to work with rv industry to make everything cheaper and lighter. Now take in fact that rvs take a large amount of seasonal workers to assemble unlike the auto industry. So what I'm saying is there's no way an rv can have a correct alignment from the factory. Even if it's close parts will "move" under the heavy weights. Without a proper alignment you r really dragging the tires sideways down the highway. Then we won't even think that the rv tires were never balanced!! No u don't feel in the seat of your truck but your rv tires are merrily skipping down the highway leaving rubber behind. My family's life and possibly others plus $100k of truck and trailer is not worth trying to save a couple hundred bucks.

2007.5 LMM 2500HD LT 4WD, EFI Live, FS Air Bags,Fass Lift Pump
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:58 PM

I use the Goodyear’s on my horse trailer too. Had one blow out, but they were 11 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode