"Make a Deal..." - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Trade / Barter Have something to Trade? Skills to Barter? Post an ad here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
"Make a Deal..."

While not always the easiest to pull off, Barter is the simplest and oldest form of commerce.

With the uncertainty that the economy's future holds and the continuance of lame and bizarre fiscal acts from our current ‘Leader(s)’, along with steadily rising unemployment rates (hidden by creative manipulation of the facts), more and more cash strapped/out-of-work people have turned to the occasional Barter to survive. And by necessity, it’s growing in popularity.

“What is this Barter you speak of?”
I'm tired of tripping over that old GN cushion coupler that doesn't fit this trailer, I sure would like that un-dented OEM rear bumper pulled when that Guy put on that new Ranch Hand.

If I need some Mechanic work on my truck that requires a shop’s lift or I just haven’t the time myself, I’ll maybe trade a car haul or a dock freight fetch to my buddy in return.

With nothing booked, I had the idle spare time to get rid of and a full tank of fuel in waiting. He couldn’t afford to be away from potential customers walking in, nor having the proper equipment on hand for the task. My actual cost was some fuel; his was hand cleaner and a couple of shop rags. Neither of us could survive solely on such deals, but it’s a nice supplement that doesn’t affect either of our cash flows. In fact, our cash flow was increased, yet no monies changed hands.

A customer has empty crates they’d love to see go away. Another has leftover poultry netting from skids of rock they’d love to see go away. I have an empty trailer in passing by. Poultry netting spread out in the crate and Presto! Durable Compost bins from recycled materials! Drop at the Landscape Supply yard for my truckload of compost soil dropped the next day.

My yard's lookin' Great, the Landscape Supply profits from a quick sell item with little cost in it, I'm not out the fuel 'cause it was on my way...... and who do you think those two customers will think of the next time they need help?

“A $$ Saved is a $$$ Earned”.....***Section Rules***
In the spirit of the Barter, no ads posted in this section can involve cash.

This is for private party trading-trades between individuals, no commercial use is allowed. The intent here is to help members with the occasional Barter.

Your thread’s info must be inclusive and stand on it’s own, with no links to other sources or listings.

As with the For Sale Forum, many of the rules apply here also; such as the ‘Deadbeat’ rule and the item(s) must be yours, not your friend’s or your neighbor’s.

Conduct also; if you have an issue with a trade, PM the person. Don’t slam or call them out, or refer to other sites. If you can make a better 'Deal'/Trade elsewhere, do it.

And Please, remember to close your thread when the Deal is Done.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 11:41 PM

Trade someone a holset hbt3b turbo for a 64mm version of ihi lb7 turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode