Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Transfer Case Help

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  407driver 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I finally got my dream rig, 2006 LBZ Duramax and I am trying to see ahead in the future and build this truck to last me a lifetime. I climbed under my rig and noticed that my transfer case has a tag on it reading, "New Process Gear 263XHDGM". My Question, is there a way I can find out the transfer case has had the pump rub fixed/resolved other then removing it and splitting the case? I am sure that is what I have to do but I thought before I did I would ask around. Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
I don't believe so.

#3 ·
Hmm maybe check with a dealer? It is not that hard to do if not. Merchant automotive kit was great.

#4 ·
Thank you for the replies. That is what i figured. But I thought I would ask before starting the project. Any suggestions on "How to" videos or directions? This will be the first time I have ever removed a transfer case/broke one open and worked on it. Looking for tips and or advice. I will be purchasing the Merchant Automotive kit. I currently do not have a leak or a hole in the case which I am happy about!

#5 ·
On YouTube, TruckMaster does a good job on removal and replacement.

Bob Anderson
From my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk.

#7 ·
No, it's not bad at all. I just replaced mine a month ago. I got a reman from Kodiak Truck. Price is normal and you get the pump rub issue fixed, an aluminum rear half and a better internal bearing.

Bob Anderson
From my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk.

#8 ·
Thank you everyone. I ordered the merchant automotive kit and am going to take this on myself. I appreciate the reply’s and information. I want to take care of my rig and start a new Marie me log to ensure longevity. I am now looking into lift pumps to clean my fuel and give my truck the food she needs!

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.