TCM Transmission Control Module??? - Page 15 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 170 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude1 View Post
TCM should be here today. Got it for $300 from Amazon with next day delivery. Hopefully it arrives in time for me to get it to the dealer today. I have a jam packed day Monday and my wife goes in at 3am...
Did everything work out after the new TCM.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 170 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:15 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Everything was perfect after swapping in the new TCM and having it flashed by the dealer. The dealer actually made me sign something saying that they advised me that flashing the TCM that I just installed would not resolve the issues I was having.. I didn't bother with an "I told you so" but mentioned I am available for consulations as they are obviously in need
johnnywchacon likes this.

2009 CCSB Z71 LMM - PPEI tuning, S&B CAI, Banks boost tube, Fass Titanium 150, MBRP 4" Exhaust, PPE Race Valve, Edge CS2 Insight, Profab EGR delete, LB7 up pipe, MBRP downpipe, Quad Projector retrofit , Anzo tail lights, HID's, 18" XD Monsters, 285/65/18 Cooper ST PRO, Line X, Kenwood DDX470, Kicker 6.5', JL Audio amps, JL Audio 8w3v3
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/bu...0hp-build.html
2016 DSOM M7 Corvette Z06 not stock for long!
post #143 of 170 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude1 View Post
Everything was perfect after swapping in the new TCM and having it flashed by the dealer. The dealer actually made me sign something saying that they advised me that flashing the TCM that I just installed would not resolve the issues I was having.. I didn't bother with an "I told you so" but mentioned I am available for consulations as they are obviously in need
What you end up paying, total? Wish I had the time but I had to do it right away so i paid for everything to be done by a shop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 170 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:17 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Just did the same thing, 298 for tcm n 110 for programming

NIC R
"Flat Back Gorilla" Daily/Tow rig- 04 GMC Sierra LB7 CC Flatbed/Tune/Exhaust
"Empty Pockets" Race/Pulling truck- 2012 CCSB Cummins/Built Engine/48RE Swap/PCS2000/
B&M Ratchet shifter/Big fuel/Big air/Lowered

post #145 of 170 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:21 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywchacon View Post
What you end up paying, total? Wish I had the time but I had to do it right away so i paid for everything to be done by a shop.

Same as Nic. $300 for TCM shipped overnight and $120 to flash it... still a rip off, but j swapped them in like 15 seconds... seems like a scam... why do they fail so often and why do dealer charge so much for a job that a mechanical retard like myself can do in under a minute

2009 CCSB Z71 LMM - PPEI tuning, S&B CAI, Banks boost tube, Fass Titanium 150, MBRP 4" Exhaust, PPE Race Valve, Edge CS2 Insight, Profab EGR delete, LB7 up pipe, MBRP downpipe, Quad Projector retrofit , Anzo tail lights, HID's, 18" XD Monsters, 285/65/18 Cooper ST PRO, Line X, Kenwood DDX470, Kicker 6.5', JL Audio amps, JL Audio 8w3v3
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/bu...0hp-build.html
2016 DSOM M7 Corvette Z06 not stock for long!
post #146 of 170 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

2003 duramax diesel TCM Failure HELP

We love our truck and it has been good to us. In Sept 2016 we got in it to come to work and it would not shift out of second. We determined it was the TCM . So we ordered one we were told it would be 2-3 weeks. The time came and went , we were told production issues , another delivery date came and went. We are now being told that GMC does not supply certain parts for vehicles past ten years old. So we are supposed to throw our truck away because of a computer glitch. Have not found any other alternatives.

We need help have filed complaints with Allison since it is made by them, GMAC and so on but so far we are not getting anywhere . Suggestions would be greatly appreciated PLEASE
post #147 of 170 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 08:26 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

Send a message via AIM to jc1843
The early trucks did not have much problem with TCM- The trans speed sensor is in the back of the transfer case, -- the TC would get a leak and burn up the TC. Then the trans lost the speed signal and that affected the shift.

Also a dirty fuel filter would keep the trans from shifting-- would shift if you let off the throttle.

Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.
post #148 of 170 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 07:40 AM

The "flash" costs the dealer money... I'm assuming the dealer pays AC Delco the $3100/yr fee to access the calibration indexes and such. If we were friends, I would charge you the $55 for two-days access, download your unique calibrations to my laptop, and use my Tech 2 in pass-thru mode. So if you think about it, $110/hr shop rate plus whatever portion of the $3100 for yearly dealer access isnt too bad. The dealers are absolutely not a "non-profit service".
https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #149 of 170 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 09:08 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Same with me, I have a couple mdi and tech2 but don't pay for the subscription.... my time is free and tools, but not the software.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2012- Denali HD 4x4 2500
Xpel clear bra, amp steps, Inyati Bedliner. Rancho RS5000 Steering Stabilizer-Rancho 9000XL Shocks
PPE PTO-front/rear/Allison covers with transynd and amsoil severe gear oil. Magna-flow DPF back exhaust.
post #150 of 170 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 02:28 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHD11 View Post
Did any of you get check engine lights in conjunction with your TCM failures? I had the stuck in 4th gear thing twice this summer. A trans reset cured it both times. Then, all was quiet. For the last few days, I've had a check engine light even though it seems to be running fine. My H&S tuner says there are no codes, so I'm assuming it's from the TCM. A trans reset makes the CEL disappear temporarily, but it returns on the next start after driving.
My 2011 is currently doing the same thing as yours WhiteHD11. Only difference is I have Kory Willis EFI live. Did you end up replacing TCM? If not what can you update us on what happened?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode