P0975 and P0700 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

P0975 and P0700

I was driving my truck home todayand got two codes. P0975 and p0700.
Here are the details. Recent trans filters and dex VI within the last 10k miles. Transmission temps usually peeak at 205-210. Outside temp is 95 today.
Coming home, the first 15 miles is highway driving then some stop and go when I go through a couple stop lights/signs. After that I take a dirt road that leads to a creek crossing. The creek is flowing, but only 6 inches deep. Splashed and bounced through the creek and immediately got the cel. The trans was then stuck in 3rd gear. I drove 30 mph up a moderate grade to my house. No water on any connections, and the transmission temp stayed at 205ish like it always does. Got my scanner and cleared the codes. The codes came back after 2 miles. Then I noticed my tcm is loose and floppy on the fan shroud. My drive and access road is gravel, so I thought maybe the bouncing caused the cel. Secures the tcm and took the same drive. No cel. Coincidence or could a solid state component like the tcm be unsettled by bumps enough to throw a code? Anyone ever experienced a p0975? I didn't find any help when I searched because there aren't many p0975 issues out there. Thanks, Travis

Travis
La Luz, NM
'06 2500hd 4x4/CCLB/WT
LBZ/Allison
delete/tune/exhaust/intake/1 ton rear
298k miles and counting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Forgot to add that the truck won't shift out of 3rd at all when the cel comes on. Fluid is full and red. I have wifi live tunes, but I only use sport economy. I also don't drive hard. Trying to get good mpg! . Thanks for any advice on what to check. I need this truck reliable ASAP. Towing my TT to San Antonio 1 Sep.

Travis
La Luz, NM
'06 2500hd 4x4/CCLB/WT
LBZ/Allison
298k miles and counting
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 02:02 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth908 View Post
I was driving my truck home todayand got two codes. P0975 and p0700.
Here are the details. Recent trans filters and dex VI within the last 10k miles. Transmission temps usually peeak at 205-210. Outside temp is 95 today.
Coming home, the first 15 miles is highway driving then some stop and go when I go through a couple stop lights/signs. After that I take a dirt road that leads to a creek crossing. The creek is flowing, but only 6 inches deep. Splashed and bounced through the creek and immediately got the cel. The trans was then stuck in 3rd gear. I drove 30 mph up a moderate grade to my house. No water on any connections, and the transmission temp stayed at 205ish like it always does. Got my scanner and cleared the codes. The codes came back after 2 miles. Then I noticed my tcm is loose and floppy on the fan shroud. My drive and access road is gravel, so I thought maybe the bouncing caused the cel. Secures the tcm and took the same drive. No cel. Coincidence or could a solid state component like the tcm be unsettled by bumps enough to throw a code? Anyone ever experienced a p0975? I didn't find any help when I searched because there aren't many p0975 issues out there. Thanks, Travis
Shift solenoid troubles. Here is some info.

P0975 ? Shift solenoid (SS) B -control circuit range/performance ? TroubleCodes.net

Maybe a chafed wire at the TCM since electrical can cause that issue and tightening it up seems to have solved the problem

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, MBRP Downpipe back 4" exhaust with muffler and FTE 30" resonator/muffler, Sinister EGR Delete, Tuned but wont say who did it, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks. I found that last night and a couple other folks on different sites had the same issue, but didn't have solutions posted.

I relocated the tcm and securely mounted it towards the owning between the dan shroud and battery. Drove it to work and around base, with no issues. Trans temp hasn't gotten past 160* yet and the ambient is 80*. We'll see how she does tonight when I drive home again and it's 95*+. I say this because I think the problem could have been the TCM being loose and getting banged around, but the TCM was also hot to the touch so maybe it overheated. I had to use gloves to work on it. Anyone else experienced an overheated TCM?

Travis
La Luz, NM
'06 2500hd 4x4/CCLB/WT
LBZ/Allison
298k miles and counting
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 06:55 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

You have an open wire either at #71 or # 31 on the TCM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

No issues last night. I tried duplicating the conditions as much as possible e.g., driving style, ambient temp, road condition. Maybe the water from the creek splashed on the tcm/wiring? Or maybe the tcm was being jarred too much from not being secured to the fan shroud. I'll report back if the symptoms return.

Travis
La Luz, NM
'06 2500hd 4x4/CCLB/WT
LBZ/Allison
298k miles and counting
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
Sorry, I didn't see your reply. I will check for continuity at those wires. Thank you so much for your help.

Travis
La Luz, NM
'06 2500hd 4x4/CCLB/WT
LBZ/Allison
298k miles and counting
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth908 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
Sorry, I didn't see your reply. I will check for continuity at those wires. Thank you so much for your help.
I will pin check #71 and 31 at the tcm, but what wires on the trans do they correspond to? Thanks!

Travis
La Luz, NM
'06 2500hd 4x4/CCLB/WT
LBZ/Allison
298k miles and counting
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Those pins shot fine. No shorts and good continuity. I took the pan down me did a filter fluid swap while I was shooting wires. I haven't had any issues lately. Hoping the loose TCM was the problem or it was a fluke.

Travis
La Luz, NM
'06 2500hd 4x4/CCLB/WT
LBZ/Allison
298k miles and counting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode