Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Extremely hot temps making my transmission slip?

568 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  2007chevrolet 
#1 ·
My truck is a 2007 lbz I have efi live installed but it mainly stays on stock so in Pennsylvania we’re I live it was over 100 degrees today so we took a road trip about 60 miles round trip on the high way the drive there was fine but on the way back I was getting off an exit and went to give it some juice and it did not respond how I was hoping to my trans temp was around 180-185 degrees (it’s a stick trans) felt like the transmission was slipping and it wouldn’t get out of 3rd gear unless I manually shifted it then it would move every time I stopped at a stop light and tried to go it would not shift unless I took my foot off the gas then it would shift the ride to the store roughly 30 miles it was fine no problems everything was going good the way back is when it was giving issues. So my question is was it because it was so hot outside made the trans heat up so hot that it started to slip? Or is this just the beginning signs of needing a new trans? Any info would help me out! If anyone wants more info on the truck let me know!!

Thanks for reading!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.