Taking Care of Your Tires Properly! - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Addict

with a wider tires you have to keep them rotated every 4,000 miles forsure plus with the wider wheels it adds extra stress on the front end so that can cause for premature wear on the front end!

Project, Rogue Budget(Workstock Puller)
2006 GMC 2500HD, Stock Motor, EFILive by me, Billet 63 VVT, Motorsport Stroker CP3, 20% Nzls, ProFab Manis n Uppipes, BD IC, Hot Pipe IC, ProFab Y-Bridge, lots of other goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 PM

OK, so how low CAN you go before the TPMS has a fit?

Max is a 2012 3500HD Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheels. Dmax and Allison 6 speed. Some chrome, otherwise standard.

Aside from sundry hauling duties Max carries a Lance 1191 truck camper, or pulls a Cyclone 4100 King fifth wheel.

Big Red is a 2008 1500 Suburban With all the goodies....
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarvan View Post
OK, so how low CAN you go before the TPMS has a fit?
i'm not quite sure what your asking here!

2006 GMC 2500HD, Stock Motor, EFILive by me, Billet 63 VVT, Motorsport Stroker CP3, 20% Nzls, ProFab Manis n Uppipes, BD IC, Hot Pipe IC, ProFab Y-Bridge, lots of other goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 06:59 AM

How much can you lower your pressure before the TPMS warning goes off and you have to go see a dealer to adjust it......?

Max is a 2012 3500HD Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheels. Dmax and Allison 6 speed. Some chrome, otherwise standard.

Aside from sundry hauling duties Max carries a Lance 1191 truck camper, or pulls a Cyclone 4100 King fifth wheel.

Big Red is a 2008 1500 Suburban With all the goodies....
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 07:31 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
How much can you lower your pressure before the TPMS warning goes off and you have to go see a dealer to adjust it......?
it should tell you that in your owners manual, I would think

Jim
__________________________________________________ _
2003 Chevy 2500hd crew cab 4x4, D/A

Just a few aftermarket goodies
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Addict

Quote:
it should mention it in your owners manual! i do know you can get the sensors recalibrated to the PSI that you want to run!

post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:11 PM

Do you have any experience with nitrogen being used in tires? I have a 2008 GMC Sierra, 3500HD, SRW, that came from the dealer with nitrogen in the tires. When I asked why the tires had nitrogen instead of air, I was advised the tires would run cooler with the nitrogen and extend the life of the tires.

2008 GMC Sierra HD3500, Duramax
4X4, SRW, Crew Cab, long bed
B&W Gooseneck/Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
Rhino Bed Liner
Billet Grille
2013 Cadillac SRX AWD
1990 Harley Davidson FLHTC Ultra Classic
1974 VW Beetle, 53,000 miles

Southern California
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken it is 15% either direction from what I read and that's about where mine was.

One dealer told me $130 to change them and another dealer told me no more than $40 and ended up doing it for free!

2007.5 GMC 2500HD SLE
Amp Steps, Banks Intake & IC Pipe, 5" MBRP str8, EFI Live by Rob @ ATP, Cognito Leveling Kit & Braces, XD Addict Wheels form Nick @ NorCal Truck, Sulastics, SportComp II Gauges, EGR Blocked, Mike L. IV w/ Precision ML TC.

SOLD
2004.5 LLY LT MBRP Straight Piped, LBZ MP & S&B Intake, BD Manifold, Cognito Leveling Kit & Cognito Pitnam and Idler Braces, Rhino-Lined Road Armor Front Bumper w/ PIAAs, Bilsteins 5100s, EFILive from Trippen and Nick tuned by me..., ISSPRO Gauges, SCIII w/1056 from Mike L, AMP Steps, BedRug, 305/70-16 Silent Armor ATs on Weld's
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:17 AM

James..hope ya dont mind but I c/pasted your write up on DP. Nice work.

As for Nitrogen..keep in mind, air is composed of 70% N2. This is a nice cute gimmik upsell based on ..?? Only reason I can see to exclue Oxygen is to prevent oxidation..?? both will heat up.

A similar deal to Argon in dbl hung windows..how do you really know it is 100% argon huh.? Can you see it, taste it, feel it...nope. How do you know it is really a better insulator than air.?? and is it WORTH it in the long run..?? Ya just gotta go on faith. yea right, by the time those are installed for a year, the argon is all but gone. and so is your $$.!

stk

stk

06 LBZ CCSB SLE Blanco
Tricked just a bit - All MOds in my Garage
226,655miles / 364,765 km

Battle..
Quote:
(on stealers)...I asked him if they put a button on there to wipe my ass for me too at that price, but it was a no go....

Last edited by steakman; 10-21-2009 at 08:21 AM.
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Addict

hey no problem steakman..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in