Taking Care of Your Tires Properly! - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
If you are still running stockers, then you can run what your door says if you like. I don't know if the plow package is why they say to run higher pressure, but really it is a matter of preference, I run 65 psi so my tires wear even when empty. When towing I bump it up. I would imagine you would want more pressure when you have your blade on too.

Name: Jeremiah
2006 GMC CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

I take the door jam recommendation (Front 60psi, Rear 80psi) & add/remove air pressure depending on how it rides & wears. Like 80 in the rear when empty is too much. 60 in the front gives a nice ride, but I was getting too much wear on the outside of the tires. After many times of adjusting my tire pressure, I finally stuck with 74 in the front & 58 in the rear, (when empty.) I put 80 in the rear when towing/hauling.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, Flo~Pro 4" DP back exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Turbo resonator delete plug, Alum. bleeder screw, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Pacer LED cab lights, GM dually light bar under tailgate, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Wilson 2000 CB antenna, Kenwood speakers, GM chrome oval running boards, Bilstein 5100s, Michelin Defender M/S on PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch

Last edited by HD Dmax Machine; 08-09-2017 at 08:45 PM.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 PM

Great info guys!

SOLD: 06 Silverado 2500HD LBZ LT3 4x4

99 Silverado 1500 classic 4x4 111k
05 AC Firecat F6 Sno Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:10 PM

Thank you
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 12:10 PM

Does anyone know if a snap on scanner is able to change the tire pressure sensors? I'm gonna give it a shot this evening

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2015 GMC Denali LML
EFI Live Kory Willis Engine and Trans Tunes
5" Flo Pro
S&B intake
Full EGR delete with up pipe
Down pipe
Air dog 4G
Resonator Delete
PCV Reroute

2011 GMC SLT CC LML with many options - Sold
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 03:18 PM

Anyone have a recommended tire pressure for 285/55r20 on 20x10's?

2005 GMC Sierra SB Ext Cab LLY
LLY Tapshifter conversion, EFI by Kory, Suncoast GMAX V, 1057, pump rub, FASS Platinum 150, 4" MBRP straight piped, Allseasons EGR delete, PCV Reroute, AFE Mouthpiece, Tie Rods and supports, RBP 95r 20x10's wrapped with Dick Cepek Radial FC-II 33X12.50, Mech boost gauge, Edge CTS
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 02:39 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Open country AT2's

What tire pressure are you guys running in this size tire? I'm at 65 warmed up and I don't think it's enough. The fronts look low and they are wearing strangely. 305.55.20.

🤘 Kennedy fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:57 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Dmax Machine View Post
I take the door jam recommendation (Front 60psi, Rear 80psi) & add/remove air pressure depending on how it rides & wears. Like 80 in the rear when empty is too much. 60 in the front gives a nice ride, but I was getting too much wear on the outside of the tires. After many times of adjusting my tire pressure, I finally stuck with 74 in the front & 58 in the rear, (when empty.) I put 80 in the rear when towing/hauling.
Thanks for the info, I have gotten in a pissing match with the dealership the last two times i have been there about front tire wear on the shoulders of the tires. I knew it was too low, I had been airing the front up to 72lbs based on tire temp readings across the front tread, and each time i took it in they kept dropping them back down to 60lbs. I do not tow daily, just on the weekends. I really wonder what their reasoning is for the low front air pressure. Reminds me of what I went through on my 2012 Tacoma. They ended up doing a recall to change the air pressure placard on the door. I'm tempted to put the truck on some scales to really know the wheel weights while the truck is unloaded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode