Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Fit or not fit

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Austinkiemele 
#1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum. I purchased my first diesel this summer, a 2018 2500 CCLB. The truck has been great so far an I am looking to put a new set of tires on it. The stock tires just haven't done well at all in any mud and the snow we have been getting. I am putting a set on 18x9 XD820 wheels on with a +18 offset. I am trying to fit 295/65/18 Duratracs on it. I see they are only 0.5 inches taller and 1.1 inches wider than the stock tires. I just put a Ranch Hand Legend Bull bar front bumper replacement on as well. I have measure and believe this setup will fit. I have also used the different calculators available online and searched the forum here and on another site with no luck of anyone running this setup, lots of 20" wheels out there or stock. The offset is my only concern. So long story short when I went to look at ordering tires the guy at the shop is telling them will rub like crazy and wont be able to turn. Now I am second guessing what I had measured and if it will fit.
Any info if this setup has been done would be appreciated.

Thank you for all the good info I have read up on here

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, I have ordered method wheels 18x9 +18 and 295-70-18 Nitto terra grapplers. I will be installing them tomorrow and I can update you if you'd like.

#9 ·
I appreciate your response. That pretty much answers my question. I think with the +18 they will be bumped out enough that it will cause me some more issues than I am looking for.

#13 ·
I'm looking at the same size tire. How much did you level the front in inches?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.