LT285-75-17s on Stock 2018 Dually - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

3Likes
  • 3 Post By 04LLYDually

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

LT285-75-17s on Stock 2018 Dually

Just posting this as I have seen lots of thread with guys asking the question (myself included) with no solid answers. I would say this is the largest tire you can run on a 2015+ body style dually that is stock height. My torsion keys are cranked a bit and I have absolutely no rub despite how close things are (I think they would fit without rubbing without the keys touched at all). I had to run a 1.5" spacer (hubcentric) between the duals but that was painless to install (just have to cut the wheel studs down a bit - just the unthreaded part needs to be cut).

I have happy with the look and the rear tire is not out aggressively far as I have seen with the 2" spacers. Judging by how close the inside tire is to the leaf spring, I do not think you could run any wider tires on the stock rims - I may be wrong but these are as wide as I'd be comfortable going after looking at it installed. Heres some quick photos.

2018 Chev 3500 CCLB Dually 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 03:56 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks for posting this! I always see these tires on leveled trucks, I'm glad to see they fit on a stock truck. Definitely going with these when my current tires are up for replacing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:06 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Do you have much room between your back wheels and back flaps? Mine seems pretty tight with stock tires and the same flaps as it is now....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:10 PM
DF Sponsors

If you need set back style mud flaps check out DuraFlap. We have the stainless brackets to move the mud flaps back away from the tires both for front and rear.
If you have plenty of room but need wider mud flaps to cover your tires we custom shift and size our drill-less mud flaps to cover your tires completely to protect your truck and tow vehicle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lifted Chevy Dually inside fenderwell email.jpg (438.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 2015 GMC 3500 Dually punisher rear.jpg (270.4 KB, 16 views)

DuraFlap Mud Flaps
Here to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode