Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Stock LML with 295/70R 18 am I crazy???

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  denarli6.6 
#1 ·
I have a 16 lml that I am getting rims and tires for. I'm going with a 18 in anthem rim with a +12 mm offset. Will i be able to get a set of 295/70 ridge grappler to fit. I plan on turning the keys but I want to leave 1 to 1.5 inches of rake. I don't want to do a lift kit or have to trim any metal, minimal plastic I could work with. So will they fit or do I have to just go with a 285/65?? Thanks for any help. This will be my first time putting aftermarket rims and tires on a vehicle.

#3 ·
I have 285/65r18 and I cranked the TB's 3 turns. I clear with stock wheels with an occasional light rub on the passenger side when backing. Not sure with the rims and tire size you're looking at, but someone will probably help you out.

#4 ·
Here is my 16 lml with 295/70/18’s. It has 1” blocks in the back and leveling kit up front. No rubbing. I trimmed the front valance for looks, before I put this size tire on. I think it will rub with what you want to do, just not sure how much'dunno;

Attachments

Reactions: jdwarren
#7 ·
here some 35x12.50x20 BFG KO2's.stock 20 on the right.and then theres my truck and friends truck who also has the same size tires on his truck.we both have plow set ups.
drove in the snow last night,,tires are awesome.

Attachments

#9 ·
To the OP. At the most you will have to trim on the front side is the plastic valance and possibly the lip of the bumper that rolls inwards. For the rear you may have to trim the plastic fender trim molding. I trimmed my valance and a little of the rolled part of the bumper. You cant notice it unless you really look for it. I also cut the plastic fender trim around the lower bolt in the fender well. Doing these small cuts will make for a lot more room that aren't noticeable to the average joe. You can also pull the fender liners forward or back with black zip ties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.