Bum tires, Goodyear Wranglers SR-A , 2 sets - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Bum tires, Goodyear Wranglers SR-A , 2 sets

Rolled off the lot with my new 2019 Dmax with the OEM wheels and tires... Goodyear Wrangler SR-A 265 60 R20 and immediately had a vibration on the highway... Dealer asked that I put 500 miles on them, in case any flat spots from sitting on the lot...

After 500 miles they checked and tires would not balance well.... They ordered new..

Replaced all 4 tires and 3 of the 4 are also bad... won't balance,...

Waiting to see what happens next... I told them no more SR-A's, no faith in them... Not alot of options in the goodyears for 20" wheels. Told them to give me some duratracs (i love those tires)

Waiting... we'll see...

2019 Quartz Red Denali HD Chrome deleted
2013 GMC SLE fully deleated. Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:44 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireDmax View Post
Rolled off the lot with my new 2019 Dmax with the OEM wheels and tires... Goodyear Wrangler SR-A 265 60 R20 and immediately had a vibration on the highway... Dealer asked that I put 500 miles on them, in case any flat spots from sitting on the lot...

After 500 miles they checked and tires would not balance well.... They ordered new..

Replaced all 4 tires and 3 of the 4 are also bad... won't balance,...

Waiting to see what happens next... I told them no more SR-A's, no faith in them... Not alot of options in the goodyears for 20" wheels. Told them to give me some duratracs (i love those tires)

Waiting... we'll see...

ive had bad luck with goodyear tires in the past as well, Id run pretty much anything else given the choice. The last set i owned i wore down the rear tires to the wire in 7000 miles, unloaded, no burnouts, just highway and city driving on paved roads. The fronts were not significantly better, summer driving, little to no 4x4 usage. Freshly aligned, new suspension and steering parts. just junk rubber.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode