Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Threw a P127C engine code at just over 20k miles in BFE Nevada driving back from a mine site. Truck was doing some weird on/off subtle vibrating going down the highway then the engine code came on. Kept driving to local dealer who refused to look at my truck because of the Banks iDash display ... stating the truck was “programmed” ... even though I had unhooked it from the OBDII port and the display was off. So I looked up the code myself and the description stated an issue with the MAP sensor. So I pulled the MAP sensor in the parking lot of the dealer and it was covered in soot ... I mean totally buried in soot. So I went to the local auto parts store and got some electronics sensor cleaner (CRC brand), sprayed it on the sensor, let all the soot drip off onto a paper towel, repeated until clean, let dry for a few minutes, then reinstalled ... and truck has run perfect since that time with no other issues. Forgot to mention ... before I left the dealership, I changed my fuel filter in their parking lot ... just in case that was the issue ... or out of spite ... can’t remember which. :wink2: Hopefully this quick fix write-up regarding the P127C engine code error will help others reading this thread and experience this engine code in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
My dealer's Service Manager refused to reprogram my TPMS because they did not want to override GM's settings.

When I was having a new GPCM flashed to the truck I wandered into the bay and asked the tech to do it, He said sure.

Reactions: UTEngineer
1 - 3 of 3 Posts