Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find reliable, working, and less likely to break fog lamps for my 01 chevy? Ive replaced these things 4 freakin times, either the lens falls off, inside piece break, or fog up. WTF 01/02 Chevy/GMC Fog lamps suck! PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't know where to find, But you have the problem of those little b*tch*s shaking much? Just seems that they are mounted to plastic and the shake so much.

·
Registered
455 Posts
im not sure of the quality yet, i havent installed yet. but i got one off of amazon for like 40 bones shipped to my door.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know where to find, But you have the problem of those little b*tch*s shaking much? Just seems that they are mounted to plastic and the shake so much.
My last set shook bad. This set that I have now, one of them is fogged up and the other, the inside piece is broken and is jus laying there. These things are annoying. I want my truck to look good, with nice fog lamps

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
man didnt see you @ the georgia dyno day,whats up with that?
I couldnt make it, because my friend (Mooredmax03) was going to convoy with me down there with his duramax. But he had to work, and I couldnt find anyone to go with me, and I didnt want to go by myself so I didnt make it :(

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just replace them with offroading light thats what im going to do once this weather calms down
heck the 03+ fog lamps are a hell of alot better than the 01/02s

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i hear you on that spark.. i have replaced mine and yet have to do it again! i'm thinking about just taking them off and leaving them off
I've thought about that, but I know later on it would annoy me to know that I could have fog lamps. So Im tryin to solve the problem to where I can have fog lamps but dont have to worry about them messing up

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well when you figure out a good solution you just send your idea my way..:D
I thought about getting new ones, and then as soon as I get them, seal them with super glue (or something else) and making sure the bulbs are correctly placed, and hope nothing breaks

·
Registered
360 Posts
I haven't replaced mine yet, but you could maybe get new ones and gently heat the lens to remove them, and then remove the glue, and clear silicone them back on. that should hold them. When I used to do work at dealer body shops, that was how we used to do park lights, headlights and taillights. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have hids in my fogs, one just went out actually, sucks cause they are expensive to replace, not sure if it is the lamp or the ballast. I am wondering if the airdam off a 05 would fit on my 01?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Yeah it's an 01. When I got my truck both lens fell out and i found two fogs on eBay for $30 shipped to my door. They are the factory fogs just at a good price. I run 8000k hids in em and love em. I was stupid tho and didn't get nicks gets tho.

But definitely try eBay

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the same problem with the lenses falling out of mine as does my brother on his 01. When I purchased mine they were already broken and haven't replaced them yet because I was leery of the same things you are. I have been looking at a universal led fog light, but waiting on it to warm up some outside so I fab up my own brackets.
Universal LED Bumper Fog Light Kit-Free shipping
anyone have any opinions on these? or think they will be bright enough. I may just order a set and try them out. With leds no more worries about burnt out bulbs and get the hid look for cheaper than the decent kits.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Try to find the factory fogs on eBay and then do hids. Hids are a whole lot brighter than LEDs

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.