Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a second D-Max to haul a GN trailor with. i have found a VERY nice looking 01 with 85,000 miles on it for a VERY fair price. What things do i need to look for on these trucks? What are the problem areas? What questions do i need to ask the seller about? Please help

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
find out about the injectors

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Injectors first thing

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jake, anything else i need to be concerned about that you can think of? If you knew the price of this truck you would probably snag it up yourself!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the injectors have not been replaced would they still be covered under warranty? it only have 85,000 miles on it..... Sorry if these are dumb questions guys

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
think it was 7yr or 200k or something like that on injectors
haha of course it would be something like that!

What is a "normal" cost to replace the injectors if the steeler does it?

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Thanks Jake, anything else i need to be concerned about that you can think of? If you knew the price of this truck you would probably snag it up yourself!
im broke remember :rof
and there wouldnt be covered since 200k 7years
but there probly still good :drink

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dealer will usually run in the 3-4k ball park from what i hear
WOW, ouch!! i still think this truck is atleast worth a test drive though, i hope its a solid truck!

·
Registered
532 Posts
yeah have a dealer look up if the they have been changed before and take it for a test drive. Its one of those things, some last a lifetime some fail. And of course you're gonna have more failure stories than success stories

1 - 11 of 11 Posts