Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive researched the duramaxs alot and im just wondering if an 01 with 50k is somthing good? granted it was the first year... should i hold out and try and find a newer dmax or will this be a good truck with light mods...

·
Registered
170 Posts
The emissions are easy enough to get rid off. But anyway the LB7 is a great engine. Just watch the injectors and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I like my 01

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
ya there are but you dont even have to worry about them with an lb7.

plus with lb7s there are alot easier to do mods with. imo

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Plus the 01-02's look the sweetist!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea the 01 can look the tallest which is awesome... i know the 5spd isnt as good as the 6spd, and the injectors have there problems but i belive they are coverd till 200k??. im not looking to go crazy with it..just need to beat fordsss. a ppe hot should do the trick

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
7yrs of production date or 200k which ever comes first

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love my '02, I had some trouble with warm starts and had the injectors swapped under warranty. And the poor transmission hates extreme on the bully dog. lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just purchased my 01 LB7 with 113K a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I have always been a fan of that body style. Get lot's of compliments. With 50K on yours, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I love my 01!!! Wouldn't have anything else

·
Registered
493 Posts
i love my 01 plus the lb7 motors are awsome i hear....also sweet cuz no emissions crap :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts