Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would share what Myself and B&R powersource are going to do to my o1 chevy. I bought a smashed 06 07 Chevy Lbz with only 5000k on it. so i am gunna take everything out of the truck motor tranny Int ext everything And swap it all over. I will keep you guys posted with updates and as many pics as i can :D :rockin:rockin

·
Registered
147 Posts
thats awesome what kinda price did u pay for the written off truck?

·
Registered
118 Posts
ive been wondering something like this for the future...... mayyyybe when mines dead.

stokked, good luck

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I paid under 8000k for it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
awesome i wasd considering a swap like this for my 03 i currently have the engine out, but cannot find a damaged or written off lbz for the life of me where did you find yours

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got really lucky. i would check car-parts.com they help out alot as well.

·
Registered
457 Posts
how far along in this swap are you and hows it going... im doing the same swap in a 2003 gmc we have run into a delima... got q's if anybody has some time and information that would be great....:help

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
how far along in this swap are you and hows it going... im doing the same swap in a 2003 gmc we have run into a delima... got q's if anybody has some time and information that would be great....:help
maybe start a new thread and fire away, well see if we can help.

The biggest issue I see the OP running into is the Class II communication, but if he swaps every wire computer and the entire dash out of the 07 he should have no issues. Because essentially he is using the shell of an 02 with the guts of an 07. The shells are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
457 Posts
im kinda new to the forum and sorry but i dont know how to start a thread:eek:

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
go to a section that best fits you question and select new thread. Or just post it here and we will move it for you.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well guys i shall do some updaten here. I stripped my old 01 with the Fully built tranny and what not. I took the cab off her took everything out the rug the roof liner EVERYTHING lol did the same with the o7. Started to put everything back together. I did notice that i had to Make the pass side hole for the dash abit bigger to fit it nice. Thinking maybe becasue of the hit it had on the 07. So anyways starting put it back together. noticed that some of the holes don't line up in the head liner, the rear ones anyways everything else did. Then put the hole insides Dash seats Rug Center consle Everyting. I bought a lbz rad intercool and the Plastic around the fan. Started to put it back together noticed had to Mod the fan plastic abit to make the fan fit. It threw me off but its a SUPER tight fit for the lb7 to lbz Had to mount the Tranny cooler had to cut abit of the rad to make it fit. used the intercool from the Lb7 the drivers side to fit much nicer then the lbz ummm what else. The rad hits the frame i noticed as well. Now the problem i am haven is the Damn Pass lock. lol But When i put power to her the Km reading was 6109 :D :D:D happy happy. Oooo ya I took the fuel lines tank all the brake lines Everything lol so its a 01 frame with 07 guts. just gotta get passed the damn passlock. And i also noticed that the Cluster does not wake up till after it starts. Something i did wrong /

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will take pics once she is up and running for more then 10 secounds lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
HAHA thats awesome i got mines running but its not 100% finished but we are bout 95% done a few minor things... but your doing yours way diff, in mine we just put the motor in the truck and made my 5 a 6 speed but yeah my dash is a little slow but i thought it was the conection at the back of the dash i have takin it apart and its not bad but its about a sec or two before they come up but once they do i dont have any trouble soooo.... but i cut my vats off with EFI when we had the engine where it should run but all the wiring wasnt complete and it would just crank and run bout 5 sec then shut off... anyways i turned the VATS off and it would run fine but i cut them back on when all the wiring was finished... we just wanted to make sure the engine i had gotten was okay ya know.....

but i love it im sure you will too, is there any differance in the intercooler and radiator from your 01 to the 07???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THERE SO MUCH BIGGER! lol the Lb7 is tiny to the lbz same with the rad

·
Registered
457 Posts
huh... would a 2007 rad and IC fit in my 03 core support??? i dont have any trouble with heat or anything the engine and tranny stay fine EGT really arent outta control but on the race tune get a little warm but not really abnormal

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I noticed that the Rad was right on the Frame rails and the intercool fit in nice but the rad not so much. lol well maybe just my truck

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just had everything i thought why not lol right lol and nothing is wrong with bigger right :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts