Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to figure out the headlight all on mod for my 01..I followed the procedures in this link:

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/38385-headlight-all-mod.html

All that seems to work is the headlights come on with the driving lights, both hi's and low beams. However, the hi and low beams will not both come on at the same time and when i turn my hi beams on, the fog lights shut off. Is there a different procedure for 01? Anyone have pics of the wiring? thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That is only for 03+ trucks I believe. You can still do it on the 01-02 but its alittle more complicated. Something about grounding a wire that comes off the back of the headlight or something. It took me forever to find it for an 01-02 truck but I finally did but just havent got around to doing it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That's funny, I just got done doing this earlier today. All you do is take the yellow wire going to the low beam bulb and cut it, leaving as much wire as possible on the bulb side of the harness. Then you take the yellow wire from the bulb and ground it, do this to both driver and passenger sides, the wire coming from the harness just gets tucked back in the split loom. I just stopped there because I don't have the factory fog light, because I have a Ranch Hand bumper with different lights. But if you want the fog lights to come on too and don't care if they come on in the low and high position, just connect the 85 pin on the headlight relay to the 85 pin on the fog light relay. Hook the diode up so electricity only flows from the head light relay to the fog light.

·
Registered
607 Posts

It's pretty easy, just take out the two pins, remove the light assembly, cut and ground the yellow wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts