Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 LB7 with 200k on it with the injectors going bad again. I want to stay with decent fuel mileage and I want reliable injectors. Is the a better injector than Gm offers or? What should I expect to pay for an injector? I have a good reletive who is a GM mechanic that will replace them for beer, plus he owes me. Just curious if I can get better.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
You can't do any better than stock ones really. I'd jump all over that help if I were you. If you buy them from GM be prepared to pay about 300 a pop

·
Registered
132 Posts
Man, that sucks! I was wondering the same thing, you would thing someone would have come up with something by now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the 50hp or 100hp injectors by DDP? Has anyone put these in and had good success or?

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
With those injectors and no other mods your just going to be dumping and wasting fuel, and smoking alot, not making any more power. A duramax doesn't need larger injectors until 600 hp or so

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also thinking about putting 100 hp injectors in but i have banks six gun with speed loader. Is that still gunna be wasting fuel? and i plan to do more with it in the near future.

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
I am also thinking about putting 100 hp injectors in but i have banks six gun with speed loader. Is that still gunna be wasting fuel? and i plan to do more with it in the near future.
I would go with some 30 or 45% over nozzles and some good EFI live tunes from IdahoRob. Larger nozzles aren't necessarily needed but they do make a difference, its always nice to know you are getting more fuel into the bowl when you start pushing it. Basically you are doing something similar to delipping the pistons, they are both done to get more fuel into the bowl except with nozzles you get the fuel in closer to the time it was designed. Its all in the tuning with larger nozzles. As far as longevity for injectors with larger nozzles, I'm not sure anyone could answer that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what about injectors off of Ebay? Any issues or shoudl I just bite the bullet and buy direct from GM?

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can get injectors from gmpartsdirect.com for under $200 each.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for all the help. I will be enlisting some more help as I am sure I will need something when I start this project. Its hard to have a truck down when you need it everyday. How long should I expect this to take.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh man! I will have two very good mechanics going at it so I hope we can knock the down time to a little less. I will call you probally next week. I need to plan this stuff out a week or two in advance. thanks again

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
You should be able to get it done in a day fairly easy with two people.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts