Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has been wanting a truck for a while now. We think we may have found one but I need some ammo for when I go deal with the dealer. Its an 01 with over 250K miles on it. There are a few dents here and thee but none too bad. The guage cluster acts like its got a short in it andonly works here and there. I drove it and it doesbt have the power mine does but then again my truck isnt all that stock. These are small things but he is asking $11900 for it and I am sure that I could talk him down.....what fo you guys think? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
751 Posts
i bought mine for 11,000 with 275,000 miles bone stock. what model is it mine was the ls. It had some body damage to it to.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its the LS. Its only ext cab too. Not the crew.......

·
I Sell Fireworks!
361 Posts
Without seeing the truck I would say that price is high. Maybe 10.5 would be fair. JMO, but I just sold my 03 and it was on the market for 8 months and had to beg to get 12K out of it, it was a solid truck. I also say that because I have been watching esspecially 01 and 02's go for under 10K a lot lately, probably 6+ in the last 3 months.

Good luck, hope they come down.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Mine is the extend cab to. I would try to talk him down. The 01 is knowin for the gauge to act up and its like 400 bucks to get a new one from the dealer. There is places on the internet that will fix them. Like said before mine was all stock and the power was not that great. I do have almost 300,000 miles on it with no problems but a little oil leak. If you trust your self with soldering the gauge cluster you can fix it your self, It most likely the stepper motors. Mine acted up when i bought it I ended up putting in one from a excalade.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i will be asking him to go down to 10k for it and will see wjat happens.

On the guage cluster, I was thinking of just putting an edge insight in it like mine since I rarely even look at my stock guages since I put that thing in.

Any known issues with the 01? Its the LB7 right? Atleast that means no egr! Mine was a pain to get rid of! Thanks guys

·
Registered
751 Posts
lb7 have injectors problems with them. Get the vin and do a vin check to see if the injectors have been replaced. I bought mine with bad injectors and it was part of the deal if I bought it the guy I bought it from put new injectors in it.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
If the truck needs injectors down the road-- it can cost $3000 to $5000, depending who does the work. Be careful.

Might look for a LLY truck, they had a few problems, but are easy to fix.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah mine is an LLY and i love it. I will get the vin and check it....where do I go to check about the injectors?

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump?

·
I Sell Fireworks!
361 Posts
Injectors can be checked at the dealer or a diesel shop. You will need to get return rates to see if the injectors are in spec. An easier way (but not sure fire) is to hook the truck up to a programmer that can give you the balance rates. There is a ton of info on here about what the rates should be and so on to be in spec.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Seems maybe a lil high to me theres an 02 single cab for sale around here with 209k for $10,000 and they've been tryin to sell it all summer but it is a single cab and idk what kinda shape its in but it doesn't look bad in the pics

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just talked to him again (and hooked up my edge insight). The rates were fine and all. BUT he said they were taking itto a diesel mech today because someone was test driving it and "he punched it to the floor and it seem to hold at the same speed, then it kinda fell flat on its face and then slowly built up speed"......dont know what thats all about but he is gonna call me when he finds out what the issue is.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
My wife has been wanting a truck for a while now. We think we may have found one but I need some ammo for when I go deal with the dealer. Its an 01 with over 250K miles on it. There are a few dents here and thee but none too bad. The guage cluster acts like its got a short in it andonly works here and there. I drove it and it doesbt have the power mine does but then again my truck isnt all that stock. These are small things but he is asking $11900 for it and I am sure that I could talk him down.....what fo you guys think? Thanks

I would say no more than 10k out the door.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Says engine replaced at 34k on the clock.........subtract that and ya got a truck with under 200k lol I would offer them 9k and work a deal from there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts