Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

02 6.6 wont start after injector install

11K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  02lb7don 
#1 ·
i have a 02 6.6 duramax i just replaced all the injectors and now the truck will not start, cranks real fast i probed the wires at the fuel tank and found that there is no power getting to the fuel pump i checked the fuses and relays all are fine, is there any way that having the batt disconnected for 2 weeks would cause any of these problems. the injector pump under the intake comes on and everything in the truck works, any help would be great thanks, also no codes are presant.

#2 ·
there is not fuel pump in the tank. open the bleed screw and pump up the primer until fuel comes out. if that doesnt work leave the bleed screw open and crank the truck

#3 ·
#4 ·
fill out your sig,it helps everyone to help you better......

#5 ·
there is a plug going to the tank just like a gasoline car has i was thinking this was a in tank pump guess i was wrong, i am getting fuel to the filter and to the fuel rail, the truck just wont start, is there a way that maybe the passlock system is keeping the injectors from cycling.

#13 ·
yeah that's what it was call me dumb but this is my first train wreck with a diesel
hey it happens to everyone at some point..no sweat,we're here to help each other also.....Welcome to the forum and don't forget to fill out your sig!:drink

#14 ·
ok fiqured it out had to reprogram the key. if this happens to anyone u need to do this in order exact. get a good watch and follow these steps.

1 insert key into ign try to start vehicl
2 leave key in run position for 10 min
3 turn key off for 5 sec
4 repeat this 2 more times in exact order
5 on the 4th try the vehicle will start and the passlock will be disabled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.