Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the following info from my father this morning about his 02'. He's been having this problem periodically for a couple of months. Any thoughts as to the cause? (I'm not sure PO571 is right. It might be a transposed number and it should be PO751)

Here are my transmission codes:
PO571 Cruise Control Brake switch fault
PO700 Transmission Control System Fault
PO846 Pressure Switch solenoid D stuck open
PO875 Reverse Pressure Switch Malfunction

Symptoms:

Below 32F after 1ST cold start, trans goes into "neutral" at bottom of driveway

Turn off ignition, restart and trans engages, but doesn't upshift until driven 1-1.5 mi. and shut down and restart.

Then it works fine the rest of the day with a check engine light, of course.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Got the following info from my father this morning about his 02'. He's been having this problem periodically for a couple of months. Any thoughts as to the cause? (I'm not sure PO571 is right. It might be a transposed number and it should be PO751)

Here are my transmission codes:
PO571 Cruise Control Brake switch fault
PO700 Transmission Control System Fault
PO846 Pressure Switch solenoid D stuck open
PO875 Reverse Pressure Switch Malfunction

Symptoms:

Below 32F after 1ST cold start, trans goes into "neutral" at bottom of driveway

Turn off ignition, restart and trans engages, but doesn't upshift until driven 1-1.5 mi. and shut down and restart.

Then it works fine the rest of the day with a check engine light, of course.
Sounds like a drain back issue. ( converter ) Trans needs to come out for a fix.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think its a drainback issue. That would affect it right from the start wouldn't it? As is it moves just fine and then develops its problem later on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is trans stock and how does it act when cold?
The truck and trans are both stock. Truck has around 120k on it I think. This symptom happens within 5 minutes of starting the truck. He basically starts its, back up to turn around, drives forward down the driveway, pauses at the bottom to pull out and that's when it happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts