Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
They changed the hoses years ago to consolidate part numbers - but it seems that they didn't bother to make sure the "replacements" would fit. They don't - as the OP found out.

FWIW, Wagner did not eliminate / consolidate like other manufacturers. They still make a set of hoses that fit - problem I found is that there is something wrong at the other end where the rubber line connects to the steel line. Something is off with the fitting at that end. It screws in and everything seems fine.... but when you press on the brake pedal hard, it blows out and leaks fluid from the joint. It's like the flare angle is a tiny bit off or something. Never seen anything like it.
I called Wagner and told them about it - I think the guy on the phone just thought I was full of shit and had no clue what I was talking about. I tried several times on both sides of the truck and got brake fluid EVERYWHERE! Friggen MESS.

Anyway, maybe they've fixed that by now. I called them about it several years ago and I still have those hoses. I'm still running factory hoses on the front of mine but I'd LOVE to change them. Also FWIW, the Wagner part numbers are: BH141464 and BH141465. I got mine from Rockauto back then.

If you buy some and they work w/o leaking, let me / us know... I will buy another set and swap mine out.

Edit: I just googled the part #s. Summit Racing also sells them. I like dealing with them a bit more that Rock. More responsive....

Oh and if you do buy some and install them, make sure you check them GOOD before hitting the road with them. What I found was that they were fine with normal brake pedal pressure but when you pushed HARD, they blow out and the pedal hits the floor. Not exactly what you want to happen when you are pushing the brake pedal HARD! LOL.

Reactions: inkjunkie

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Well that sucks

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yes, just replace the upper control arms. Pressing out the old ball joint and pressing in a new one doesn't work so well. The new one won't be tight in the hole and will flop around - been there, done that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts