Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:helphey guys hoping to get some advice i was handed down a 02 LB7 dually when i turned 16 long story it took me two years and 7k to get it running only been driving it maybe 6 months or so, tonight i was going up a 13-15% grade hill on cruise control going about 65mph and the trans jumped out of OD back it and back out REALLY hard into 4th i kicked the cruise off as fast as i could and pulled over off the road and the CEL came on with a Po700 so im pretty sure it limped on me the truck has a economy tune on it 35-40hp i believe been on it since i got it it was dogged really really hard before i got it so im between a rock and hard spot im 18 in school working maybe 16 hrs a week and now looks like i need a transmission i cant afford a 5k built trans at most maybe $2,500 when my taxes come back i need some help thanks, Walker.B 177.218 miles on truck

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
You can do what I did if the title is in your name i gave the bank my title took out a 5k$ personal loan and got my built trans helps build your credit at the same time i think my payments on the 2 year loan were 220 a month

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but id hate to lose the truck over this my job is kinda unpredictable i work part time at a local feed store

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Turn the tune back to stock, clear the codes and keep driving. Limping the trans once doesn't necessarily mean you need a rebuild.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it cant be in good shape previous owners beat the hell out of it just trying to figure something out and from what the previous owner said he limped it 3 times and my dad limped it once pulling a bulldozer so this is the 5th limp its had

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Well he said the truck was rode pretty hard before he git it thats why I was thinkin he might need a trans

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
It does well but for the "built for your needs" kit contact mike l on the forum here he can tell you exactly what you need and can prolly sell you the kit hes the Allison guru

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Build it yourself. They are stupid simple compared to the 700r4. Get a suncoast kit, installed tons of them thousands of hard miles zero problems. Suncoast customer service is second to none, great people if you do have questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts