Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a kid that is here in my town i know small town but he has a 05 cummins i believe its a manual and he thinks its fast. I raced him once before but he either just gave up or he missed a gear he claims he missed a gear. He has a bullydog chip and my mods in sig who would win wanna race him again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As long as he doesn't have a different clutch so he can start in 2nd or something I honestly don't think he'll be able to shift it fast enough. By the time your in about 4th gear I'd say he's gonna be still trying to catch up.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
My buddies cclb 03 cummins auto sittin on 35"s ran a 15.3 with a bully dog..you should be mid to high 14's with a 4wd launch. He is also a stick which will kill that time even more. From a dig you've got him. At speed you probably still will have him.

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
i dont think ull have an issue :drink

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He does have a aftermarket clutch but does bullydog make any big tunes really?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plan on getting efi as soon as i sell my juice with attitude.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just race him and I you lose then convince yourself to get EFI, tranny, and turbo :drink

·
Registered
296 Posts
My buddies cclb 03 cummins auto sittin on 35"s ran a 15.3 with a bully dog..you should be mid to high 14's with a 4wd launch. He is also a stick which will kill that time even more. From a dig you've got him. At speed you probably still will have him.
Totally different trucks. An 03 Cummins will never make as much power with small mods that an 04.5-07 truck will. The early ones (03/04) pretty much need injectors before they start really running.

No. Bully dog tunes aren't much.
Crazy Larry or 2.4.D are strong tunes. Stock trucks can run high 13s with ease at elevation. They are comparable to Smarty TNT.

Edge sucks on the Duramax, we all know that. The benefit probably goes to the Duramax still, simply because the Dodge is manual. If it were auto and he had a good BD tune, not even close

260 Posts
You will get him as long as he has a manual. Now if yall hooked up to trailers and raced uphill he would get you. Especially if he had a smarty

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bully dog had some very strong tunes in the past, since they went to all street legal not so much. My buddies 04.5 cummins has an old BD power pup, its a 175HP tune. He dyno's 451HP and his truck is a 6 speed. My 02 lb7 whoops his ass and my truck is stock with a 95 horse EFI tune.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now the question is do you think i will be able to beat him if i do a manual trans swap?

260 Posts
The majic answer is no

·
Registered
392 Posts
some of the bullydog cummins run pretty good

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So with a clutch and max effort efi tune you dont think i would beat him?

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
so your truck is a manual? if its an auto then build it and call it a day

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just build your auto. I heavily considered swapping to a ZF-6 and adding a performance clutch. I actually had a used tranny and starter ready to go but it is a lot of extra work and now that I built my Allison I have no regrets :D Just build your auto. It'll be close to the same price and you'll love it!

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
and it will be a hell of a lot faster

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually it probably cost more got a hell of a deal on all swap parts and my ally has a crack which is round 500 and having other issues with it to especially with the winters we have been having it gets snow packed around and i end up breaking cable for shifter and going through nsbus like wild.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts