Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have an 03 duramax with 245,000 miles on it, has a small efi live tune, airdog lift pump, cold air intake, and magnaflow turbo downpipe and 4 inch exhaust. I was idling through a parking lot the other day on my way home when it seemed like the truck bogged way down and was barely running, I gave it some throttle to try to make it home as I was only about a block away and it never picked up speed or rpms. It died on me as I pulled up in front of the house, about 10 minutes later I started it so I could pull it in the driveway and it ran great again! Then died while it was sitting in the driveway after about a minute of running, i tried starting it several times after and it wouldn’t start at all, I noticed I didn’t have any prime so I replaced all filters (factory ac delco and my fuel and water separators on the lift pump) I replaced the filter housing with a new dealer one. Still nothing, so I did some research and it had a lot of symptoms of a bad form, so I replaced that with a ppe race valve and now if I prime the truck the plunger gets pressure but never really solid, and it will start and run for about 10 seconds and die after a fairly long crank. My edge shows my actual frp at 0-.2 for about 10 seconds of cranking then jumps up to 6.1 and the truck fires then after about 10 seconds it loses all rail pressure and dies. Could I be experiencing a cp3 failure? There is no fuel in the oil and no white smoke when it is running so I’m thinking it’s not injectors but I could be wrong? I also can’t find any fuel leaks anywhere.

·
Registered
2020 3500HD LTZ Duramax
12 Posts
Silly question, are the fuel lines crossed?
Been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I marked them before I took them off and replaced them onto the same fittings on the filter housing, but anything is possible lol, I will double check them in the morning for sure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also pulled the suction line off the top of the tank and submerged it in a 5 gallon jug of diesel and it still did the same thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts