Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was needing to know what can be done with an 03 c4500. dosen't look like there r too many choices for tuning and i don't even c an exhaust upgrade anywhere. would like some info, thanx!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does anybody have any info on c4500,5500????

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
EFI Live nuff said

If you don't see aftermarket exhausts for them I would just go do a custom straight pipe

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
EFILive will tune it. Tuning for the 6.7 ECM is in beta so you could use it on your trucks as well. I would think that most canned tuners would work since its basically just an LB7.
As far as exhaust, I dont know what to tell you. I have no experience with the Kodiak.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Ppe will work on them. I'm not sure about any others. And efi live of course. As for exhaust, you'll have to buy a kit and modify it to work for it. There's nothing on the market for it that I'm aware of.

As for performance, they're geared really low so don't expect much. IMO the dmax shouldnt be in a medium duty truck. Its a light duty engine and does well at it. But you try and strap 30k lbs behind a 12k lb tow vehicle and ya it'll pull it. But it'll be a gutless pig and drink the fuel like mad. No amount of tuning will fix that if you ask me.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the info. i thought efi live would work, but didn't know if they ran a different ecm in the kodiak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts