Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy I'm buying truck from said injectors were done 8 months ago. And fuel filter and housing was changed shortly after. Truck will start fine run a few seconds to a minute then dies. Starts right back up with some restarts taking a revolution or two more then others. I can't pull any codes or get a check engine light to come on. Any ideas? I did notice the two rubber lines going to and from the filter housing are bent in an awkward position causing them to be crimped. Could this do it? And also after you prime the filter housing truck seems to run a little longer then if you don't prime it before restart.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Sounds like the fuel system is sucking air-! There are many places that can cause that-- fuel filter/head-[common], deteriorated fuel hoses, low fuel level, and cracked fuel pick-up line. First add 5 gallons of fuel to the tank, see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did notice the truck is sitting well on E and it's in a driveway slanted with truck facing street so front is lower then the rear

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First time I ever went to look at it tho it would fire up and idle all day long just fine until you gave it some throttle it would die.

My dad had an all stock 03 and even at idle when u give it a lil throttle u can hear the turbo whistle just a bit. This one you can't. Idk if that's relevant or not.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Do the easy stuff first-- add fuel-!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts