Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, I'm not getting that good mileage. And, I don't really need a dually. Do yall think I should trade for a CC/SB LBZ?

·
Registered
323 Posts
lb7 is the most fuel efficient duramax...my lb7 touched 20 on a long run, but ill avg 16-18 if i drive easy on the freeway , 11-15 like a kid...i see you dont have a tuner, put that and an exhaust on first then make up your mind...every duramax loves efi, but im with PPE and i picked up about 2-3...Hope this helps

·
Registered
374 Posts
I get better than that on long trips with my LBZ. I see 21 ish commonly. With high idle on and being cold up here right now I average 14 ish just driving 7 miles each way to work

·
Registered
292 Posts
oh a mileage war, let me get in on this action...LMM bone stock 2wd 265/75/16.....consistently earns 17-18 around city and 22-23 on long flat hauls at 65mph cc or no cc doesn't matter.

the on-board has hit 25mpg on highway with cruise set on 60 for a 20+ mile duration.

all achieved while driving "normal"

·
Registered
328 Posts
Do you have an exhaust and tuner yet? When my truck was leveled on 33" mudgrapplers with the mods in my sig, I saw as much as 22 highway at 70. Not a dually though

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, but I have an intake and ppe boost valve that came with the truck. That's what I'm wondering, I don't want to have to look forward to a injector replacement (70,000 on the truck) and if I can get better mileage on a LBZ I thought it would be worth it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I get 7mpg in good ol' alaska and its -50F weather lol. beat that!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Your about right with a dually, keep in mind our trucks weight almost 6 tons. 11,400lbs. That's a lot of weight to move. I get around 17-18 highway an 13city with an exhaust an tuner.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've only owned this truck since November. So do these trucks get worse fuel mileage in the cold weather? Its about 28 degrees here right now.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
oh a mileage war, let me get in on this action...LMM bone stock 2wd 265/75/16.....consistently earns 17-18 around city and 22-23 on long flat hauls at 65mph cc or no cc doesn't matter.

the on-board has hit 25mpg on highway with cruise set on 60 for a 20+ mile duration.

all achieved while driving "normal"
Youre 2wd...your truck weights a good amount less than a 4wd.

Anddd you should hand calculate, not use the DIC. Youre probably reading slightly high(common)

I run 17-18 city and 23-24 freeway between 60-65mph. But I am tuned, have intake exhaust and downpipe so shes nice and opened up. With a dually id expect to be able to achieve near 20 mpg hwy...when have you last cleaned your MAF sensor? Changed fuel filters?

It might be worth gettiing tuned, intake, an exhaust

·
Registered
850 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Your about right with a dually, keep in mind our trucks weight almost 6 tons. 11,400lbs. That's a lot of weight to move. I get around 17-18 highway an 13city with an exhaust an tuner.
your crazy man! our trucks are right around 7000lbs lol. 11,400lbs hahaha.
yes they get worse in the cold because idling burns fuel and they run in closed loop until they warm up which uses more fuel as well. among many other things

·
Registered
24 Posts
i average on the expressway at 70 around 19-20

·
Registered
292 Posts
Youre 2wd...your truck weights a good amount less than a 4wd.

Anddd you should hand calculate, not use the DIC. Youre probably reading slightly high(common)

I run 17-18 city and 23-24 freeway between 60-65mph. But I am tuned, have intake exhaust and downpipe so shes nice and opened up. With a dually id expect to be able to achieve near 20 mpg hwy...when have you last cleaned your MAF sensor? Changed fuel filters?

It might be worth gettiing tuned, intake, an exhaust
Yep you're correct the DIC when compared to my hand is typically .5-1mpg higher but that's all....the ride gets faaaar better mpg than I ever anticipated....AND I've tuned nothing thus far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here it is, I'm not getting that good mileage. And, I don't really need a dually. Do yall think I should trade for a CC/SB LBZ?
You can't really expect to get great fuel economy with a full size truck. Unless your getting less that 10mpg then yes that is something to worry about. I was getting around 15ish if I drove it nice an I just had exhaust lifted 6" on 35s. IMO I'd keep the Dually and add a programmer and exhaust that should help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
63 Posts
LB7's are supposed to be the most fuel efficient. Right now I average about 18.5 mpg mixed city/highway without a conservative foot. I got around 20-21 with a programmer. Things you have to consider are is your current truck paid for and if you trade will you have a payment to go along with it? I too thought about doing the same when I thought my injectors were going out but stayed with the LB7 and just replaced the injectors. It's not a bad job. Nothing to be afraid of. A couple of months of payments on another truck will pay for the injectors. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts