Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to the forum. I inherited my pops 03 Chevy 1 ton dually when he passed. It was his baby, he had it painted, new leather seats, and a new motor put in it while he owned it. I love this truck and drive it daily. This past weekend I changed the oil, cleaned the K and N filter, and cleaned the engine compartment. 2 days later I was on the highway and the truck just died while going 65. I coasted off the next exit and parked. Truck would not restart, it would sputter you life then die. I cracked the bleeder and reprimed. Truck started and ran a bit then died again. I went ahead and backed the Hypertech tune out of it and cleared codes 0370, 0374, 0380, 1658, 2146. After about 15-20 minutes it finally started and drove it a few miles and died again. I let the truck set a few days and drove it again today. Was running perfectly again then 10-15 minutes later died again. It pretty much acts like it’s out of fuel but has 3/4 tank. Thanks in advance for the help.

Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi. New to the forum. I inherited my pops 03 Chevy 1 ton dually when he passed. It was his baby, he had it painted, new leather seats, and a new motor put in it while he owned it. I love this truck and drive it daily. This past weekend I changed the oil, cleaned the K and N filter, and cleaned the engine compartment. 2 days later I was on the highway and the truck just died while going 65. I coasted off the next exit and parked. Truck would not restart, it would sputter you life then die. I cracked the bleeder and reprimed. Truck started and ran a bit then died again. I went ahead and backed the Hypertech tune out of it and cleared codes 0370, 0374, 0380, 1658, 2146. After about 15-20 minutes it finally started and drove it a few miles and died again. I let the truck set a few days and drove it again today. Was running perfectly again then 10-15 minutes later died again. It pretty much acts like it’s out of fuel but has 3/4 tank. Thanks in advance for the help.

Rob
It is possible the FICM is overheating as it uses fuel that come from the tank in the supply side to cool itself. If the fuel cooler mounted in front of the tank in the return side of the system gets the airflow block or restricted it will cause the fuel to get warm enough to allow the FICM to overheat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts