Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 Chevy Duramax Crew cab short box. This morning I got in started the truck and it stalled after running about 5 seconds. After that it would not restart. I checked for leaks everywhere, no leaks. Opened bleed screw and pumped primer 2 times had fuel coming out so closed bleed screw. Tried restarting again and it turned over about 15 seconds and fired up. Ran fine, so went where I needed to go, no problem. Truck sat for six hours and when I started it up did same thing again. Repeated procedure and it fired up after cranking about 15 seconds again, got home Ok. The truck has been running fine till this with no hint of any kind of problem. The truck has 80,000 miles on it and since I've owned it changed fuel filter every 10,000 miles. The filter has about 5000 miles on it now. Oh, also I'm presently in Florida so cold is not an issue. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the same prob. I had a small leak on the fuel filter housing that you could barely see were the electrical connector was molded into the metal. I replaced it and has been fine since. Also make sure you fuel filter is nice and tight. I hope this helps you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks F-Bombed03, Checked my filter and it was loose just enough, again thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
No prob glad i could help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts